OK I know we have a "What are You Listening To"!

I have no dog in this fight between @LilJonB & @anon98660487, but I do have an observation. When I read Irishrocker’s post, I didn’t picture a racist skinhead, I pictured a punk rocker who shaved his head. The other common English or Irish vision of punk rockers from the era Irishrocker described was the infamous huge hair spiked punks. Same mindset, different hair - both working class punk rockers. It wasn’t until later that skinheads appeared to hijack the term and take it down the dark path it’s gone down.

@LilJonB, when I saw your responses, I had to go back to read what others had written before I figured out who/what you were so upset by. I think if you simply Googled Punk Rock Skinhead, you might have learned something before you got so upset. Information is power.

Since it’s the middle of the night, I’m sure @LemonadeJoe is getting his beauty rest. Perhaps one of the @moderators can clean up this thread from post 26 down (but leave @Johnny_Utah post).

5 Likes

I’ve cleaned up the recent discourse.

4 Likes

Pink Floyd, 1975 Hamilton On. Canada. WHY? Pink Floyd, says it all!
:sunglasses: :love_you_gesture:
Edit: read it wrong. I was at this concert. lol

5 Likes

Great pick, my 2nd pick would have been one of many of different Dead shows as well… Hard to not include them in things we will never see again…

2 Likes

I am not that easily offended…hahaha.
This thread is interesting, and I see that it even produced a little squabble subsequently cleaned up by @Northern_Loki .

For those that haven’t seen this thread, it is similar to this one.

1 Like

August 1st 1971 Madison Square Gardens
50 years ago!
An amazing collection of musicians assembled for the very first benefit concert led by the visionary genius of George Harrison and Ravi Shankar.

“Friends, … we are not trying to make any politic, we are artists.”

3 Likes

Had the live album. Must have been great to be there in person!

1 Like

I’ll add this to the list of great bands.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr9CN8VeKb4

And one for Amy Winehouse an extraordinarily talented singer/songwriter.

4 Likes

I think I would probably go to some of Jimi Hendrix shows

The way he played was out of this world
The music, the vibe, everything amazing. I would like to have had the experience of being very high in his concert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcDSihFa0iE

3 Likes

Ian Brown ( monkey man) Clastonbury 2005.

I was there, incredible live band…totally blew me away.

2 Likes

I always wanted to see him. It would have to be Pink Floyd. The Cars and David Bowie.

1 Like

I saw nine inch nails and David Bowie in 1995. Sick show shitty venue.

I saw tool in a small venue around the same time.

I saw cradle of filth which is not my scene but was a hell of a show. Same with Buckwheat Zydeco.

If I could choose one I didn’t see it would have been Nirvana’s final tour because I was a grunge rocker in high school.

3 Likes

When you have Eric Clapton stopping interviews to talk about how good you are you know you’re the man. Hendrix >>>>

3 Likes

SRV!!! If I have to explain, you wouldn’t understand!

Jimi as well. They both have that guitar madness sound that I love!

Any one here ever seen either live? Color me jealous!!!

4 Likes

Jimi is the greatest guitar player ever and no one will convince me otherwise.

3 Likes

Now who the hell would try and do that?!

Agree

1 Like

I go with Slick on that one. One of the best. No telling where he would be today.

1 Like

Actually I don’t think he’d remotely resemble what we know him for. Before he died he was getting really into “world music” and was talking about doing music with like an orchestra of instruments from around the world. He was also supposed to be doing a project with Steve Winwood which could have been great, but probably pretty different than his other stuff.

3 Likes

All industrial for me:

Skinny Puppy:

Ministry (raw as fuck edition):

1 Like