One week into flower..Is it safe to cut clones?

One week into flower…Is it safe to cut clones?

Yes, you can clone now.
They may take a little bit longer to root.
They may also take a while to revert to veg.
But if you have only been flowering for a week…should be smooth sailing.
Good luck.

2 Likes

Appreciate the help guys. They were in veg about 7 weeks, they just started showing sex n was wanting to do a little pheno hunting. But i wasnt sure if i might stunt them by doing this now. But im thinking about taking cuts from the top to try to keep my canopy even you think this will be ok ?

For sure. I’d say that after only 1 week since switch you still don’t see much more than preflowers… Tops are more vigorous and robust. More robust clones root and perform better than lower branches (they tend to be too weak).

If you need the clones than do it ASAP, to prevent clones from stalling (clones already flowering need to be reverted back to veg and that takes really long). Better now than later… Grown plants can easily handle that I’d say.

1 Like

I have 1 cloning so far under my belt n all 3 cuts were successful.Back then i just used stay green rooting powder n dirt nothing over them and they lived . But i was using happy frog soil which has a good netural ph . But this time i have a dome and a heat mat im also using clonex gel as well but im using promix for dirt this time

1 Like

Dirt can work, but it’s probably the toughest medium to clone in - too little air, too much wet, microbes and molds. I’ve tried all the various specialty products and techniques but for simplicity take a tip from SomeOldGuy - use a perlite/vermiculite mix. I like a 60/40 proportion. Nearly 100% rooting within 10-14 days at 22C/75F. I find the best results with weak blue/white light (LEDs and flouros) on an 18/6 hour cycle, NO fertilizer, and a humidity dome. I’ve used plastic cups (opaque, not clear),6-pack planting trays and small pots with equal success. Once rooted, shake off the verm/perlite mix and plant in your dirt or hydroponic medium of choice. Easy peasy.

-b420

4 Likes

Hell yeah that makes alot of sense. I think i will try that out. Thanks for the help guys. @ SOG nice pics man! I wanna get into hydro some day

I do the same with 75 degree temperature.

@SomeOldGuy what would be something we would have to watch out for using the KISS Method.

Thats crazy man ive never heard of this… all I’ve ever seen was flood n drain tables n stuff like that… Which allways seemed really complicated. I will definitely look into this more. Intresting stuff man.