Ongoing Grow room upgrade log

Just put in an order for paint and tile. As soon as everything is harvested and processed the rooms getting maxed out.
Current room specs:
12.5x 13.5 carpeted floor, beige walls
3400w hid (3 1000s+ 1 400)
15k btu ac

Upgrades:
Vinyl flooring - https://www.lowes.com/pd/Tarkett-Cortina-Classic-1-Piece-12-in-x-12-in-Cloudburst-Adhesive-Speckle-Commercial-VCT-Tile/3819847
( 6 600w hids)
Flat white paint + antifungal https://www.lowes.com/pd/Tarkett-Cortina-Classic-1-Piece-12-in-x-12-in-Cloudburst-Adhesive-Speckle-Commercial-VCT-Tile/3819847
6 600w hids
The final decision is how I want to run co2. Do I go burner with 100gallon propane tank or do I go with traditional co2 tank setup. Iā€™m leaning towards the burner.

5 Likes

Just ordered a new humidifier. Decided on a large room cool mist instead of the whole house unit I was looking at, figured thatā€™s probably enough for whatā€™s essentially a medium sized bedroom, especially considering that itā€™s going to be sealed. Gonna put weather stripping in the door way too.

2 Likes

What kind of HID? Have you looked at the 630w cmh fixtures. Oh my goodness would I love one of them.

2 Likes

In that sized room I would go with the CO2 burner. Its easier to get propane and it is available everywhere.

2 Likes

Just regular hps/mh with wing reflectors.

1 Like

That was my thought too. Nearest place to co2 filled is over an hour away. I can fill propane at Walmart.

2 Likes

I was going to epoxy my floor its cement but think i too will use vinyl probably sheet though.

1 Like

Itā€™s a lot cheaper ainā€™t it. I canā€™t wait to get this finished. I kinda piece-mealed everything ive got running now together. Itā€™ll be nice to have something more professional. Iā€™m still not 100% on the paint. I may spring for something ā€œgreenguardā€ certified instead.

Not like Iā€™m not gonna need to re-carpet the place to get my security deposit back any ways.

Also gonna run a garden hose in from the washing machine outlet for easy resevior refills. Might drill a hole into the floor and run a pvc drain pipe out the back of the crawl space into a large trashcan.

1 Like

How many BTUā€™s do you have to add for the additional heat of the propane burner? How long does it run for it reach say 1000ppm. Iā€™m sure itā€™s room size dependent to an extent. Interested in using this instead of CO2 which isnā€™t readily available near me also.

1 Like

Good question. With a two burner on 15 minutes/hr it looks like Iā€™d need another 15000btu acšŸ˜² I might have to go with the co2 tankšŸ¤”. If I get two twenty pounders Iā€™ll only have to get refills once a month and itā€™s not like Iā€™ll be needing it in veg. This is why I love this place. My dumbass totally forgot about the additional cooling for the co2 burners. Maybe if I ever decide to just say fuck the landlord and just install a 3 ton mini split(a distinct possibilityšŸ˜… just not in my budget yet).

3 Likes

So Iā€™m browsing alibaba, thinking ya know all the budget ballasts(and more than a few on the higher end ) available are made in China, so why not just get them directly. And even with shipping from china Iā€™m looking at spending like $200-$250 for 5 600watters.

Might skip the fancy co2 setup for now and try the tnb shaker bottles. Assuming 8-10 weeks of flower I should only need 4 or 5.

1 Like

Alright, so it looks like I might be going with 600w DE

Honestly im no pro but try to find a side by side with and without co2 and see the difference.
Hundreds of dollars and having to seal the room and fight heat mold ect that is caused by the sealed room for a couple grams at harvest never made sense to me. Im not sure what you can get away with in your area but i run wide open no filter exhaust and it keeps all that in check. I ran 1600w hps in just the tent no co2. Temps never hit over 85 even in summer. Nights fell in the 60s Rh stayed perfect for flowering under 50% usually 35-40% which i know the vpd chart says no good but reality is that it forces the plants to uptake more at the roots = more rapid growth. Will use lil more nutes up. But total in the 3 rooms was about 3500w running 1900 24 hrs a day 1600 on 12/12 all at sane time and only used a single 6000btu window ac to feed cool air. I just got lazy on cleaning after years of being comfortable. Did some stupid things like cloned the monster plant i had outside and ran perpetual without taking time to clean regularly. Thats what cost me. But back to the main point try to find actual yield differences with and without co2.
I think co2 is more for ppl who want to post pictures of their money spent bragging. A few grams for all the hassle. I passed quick. I did try small co2 rigs but it did nothing for yield honestly. Oh to add i did run cooled hoods venting straight outside on the 1600w of hps. All the heat went straight outside.

1 Like

Iā€™m just grow a few of these Oyster Mushroom Production Bags, 10 ct in a tent in the grow room and vent the exhaust over my canopy. I get tasty mushrooms, and the plants get supplemental co2.

1 Like

Iā€™m sitting here with pretty much everything I need to get these renovations done and a god damn broken wrist. Smdh. More pissed off about the broken wrist than the oz I got robbed for. Stupid idiots that set me up just burnt a connection for the best weed in town. Hope they learn soon though, gonna fuck around with the wrong person and end up getting shot.

1 Like

Damn that sucks. Yeah you cant really trust noone nowdays. And for a onion. Crazy. Like i said in the other thread mfs will figure a 4x4 will get them a ton and do something stupid to become fertilizer over a lb or 2. What $3000. In todays dollars that aint a months bills but theres still stupid mfs that blindly risk thier life for it. Keep your head up n stay low key. Hope you heal up good. Wrist n hands really suck cause you use em for everything.

2 Likes

Mf just grabbed it and ran. Tried to chase him but he hopped in his boys car. They ainā€™t people I really trusted but still thats just bad business on top of being a serious life risk. I couldā€™ve shot the bastard but Iā€™m not gonna kill someone over an oz and end up in prison for the rest of my life.

3 Likes