Oni's 2nd grow. Lessons learned

It’s up to you. I give mine a weekly dose split in half then only water. So 2 feeds, 1 water. I’m sure everybody has a different method.

3 Likes

I know that, but I’m more for what’s best for the plants not my anxiety. I can suffer and live. They can’t. So far it’s been good though. I got some distilled water again. I’ll test it when it’s watering day. It’s safe to sit out at room temp and the plants would appreciate not having to deal with water that’s too warm or cold even slightly. The nutes I mixed up the other day are still good this time and I can’t explain why. They’ve been in a everclear bottle with the cap on in the plant room. I usually have to toss anything I mix within a day or honestly about 10 hours. It’s not getting direct light as the sorta box is swallowing a large portion of the light. The area it’s in is very dim, but well lit at the same time. It’s passed the smell, pH, and even taste test. I can’t explain that at all. No complaining here, just trying to find out why so I can replicate it in the future

Sorry, I’m confused. I thought you asked how often to add nutes. Maybe I didn’t understand your question

1 Like

Yes. I was wondering if there was a proper science to the nutrient profile. I was thinking there must be a general rule of thumb to follow to avoid deficiency or toxicity issues

1 Like

I just caught how I worded that. I had meant I know that everyone has their own method. I just see so many people using water every other water and I’ve been told to a lot, but IDK if that was just to fix my screw up adding nutes before the cotyledon started to get eaten by the plant. I keep forgetting that cannabis isn’t like other plants in that regard. I have to be patient with my precious babies or they’ll die from too much love. I’ll make a small pot of herbs to grow. It’ll let me grow some greens for a salad or something.

1 Like

That is the topic of my discussion here Theories on proper NPK cannabis ratios

Honestly, I fuss with my African Violets. They have a soilless mix so they need water supervision, if the light isn’t perfect they don’t bloom and they need feeding with every watering. If you get it right, they are instant gratification and continuously pop out flowers. I love them! Everything else, LITFA. lol

3 Likes

I like growing a edible garden TBH. Let’s me nibble on it if it grows out of control

2 Likes

Haha! :pig: Me too! :pig_nose: I just like doing it outside! Sunshine is great for my depression. :seedling::sunny:

2 Likes

Lights are on, so I snapped some pics. I finally put the fly trap in the room too. Better safe than sorry there.

5 Likes

After coming back home I see this pest in the garden. A Boxelder Bug

I caught it and looked it up before killing it. I used to call these things stinkbugs in school.

On a better note the auto is speeding along nicely.
I have to water in the morning for it, but it’s looking like it’s almost drooping now. Seems the average drinking rate is 10oz a day. :slight_smile: I’ll keep to once a day though as growth was quicker before. I see it stretching a bit now too.

3 Likes

Here’s this morning’s pics. I checked the soil and it was dry completely 2" down. No moisture felt at all. Near the clover it’s more moist on top, but 1" down it’s dry not 2". I watered right away at lights on after seeing the leaves start drooping. The cilantro droops much quicker than the auto does. I used 10oz of distilled water as evenly spread as I could get.

I’ll take a couple pics after they’ve had a hour from watering to bounce back to life again.

3 Likes

No progress yet, but the clover is still trying to open up, so I’ll snap a pic in the morning when I wake up.

Humidity is a bit high now, so I turned the humidifier on low now.

3 Likes

Snapped pics. Much better looking.

Crystal Candy popped out. A little twisted, so it had a obstacle on it’s way out. The other 2 seeds are not sprouted yet.

7 Likes

Looking good so far.

2 Likes

5-6 weeks left on the auto now.

IDK why I thought it was older than 4 weeks, but it’s actually 4 weeks exactly from sprout now. Give or take a few hours.

1 Like

Yeah that’s good bro. Then you can reap the rewards of your grow, what it all comes down to. I can hardly wait myself. I still have to figure out when my BBs will be done. Blueberry early January and moby dick later part of January. Your grow has panned out nicely. Grow and smoke on OGers!!

2 Likes

I’m excited to try my attempt at a perpetual harvest.
I have 1 photo and 3 autos in there. 1 a month ahead of the rest. Crystal Candy is 4 weeks exactly younger. When the first auto is ready to smoke the 2nd and 3rd should be ready to harvest. The photo gets flipped after the 3 autos are chopped. I’ll be trying my hand at training now that I got my first grow under my belt albeit with issues.

Hell yeah… mine sort of turned out like that by chance. The week of January 7th blueberry should be done, 22 moby dick then I dunno bout the other 2 itll be later sometime :thinking:

1 Like

I can’t wait :slight_smile: I’m most excited for the photo though. It’s a Platinum Glue Auto x Blue Zkittlez photo cross. I tried Zkittlez once. It was just CBD isolate with Zkittlez terpenes, but it got me high somehow. Better than most bud ever has too.

Tasted exactly like purple and green Skittles.
I’m excited to taste this bud.

1 Like

No germinating from the other 2 seeds yet. I watered the soil again as it was nearly completely dry

The Crystal Candy is doing well. I put the CFL over it. I gave it a small amount of water around it’s stem, not directly where the stem is.

Now here’s the rest of the pics☺️

Hygrometer

Apparently being around it drops the humidity, but it’s 80f and 70% Rh.

1 Like