Novice grower, Long time toker

What’s up everyone?! By this time you guys probably know me, if you don’t welcome! This is going to be my 2021 grow journal, where I fuck up and learn a lot. My first harvest of 2021 will be in a few weeks on my 2020 journal after that I won’t post on that one anymore!

What’s different about this journal from last years you might ask?
A few things,
First my lighting got an upgrade, from 150 watts of led to 250! Almost double the yields!
Secondly, the nutrient line is completely different. I’ll be using Advanced Nutrients 3 part ph perfect. (micro, grow, bloom) plus while in flower I will be using bud candy as well!
I’m sticking to my hydro, only because it really does speed up the veg process! Plus yields don’t need to be extremely large when I have a cycle like this going. Just enough to make it to next harvest is fine with me.

Cracked some Gelly Biscuit by Solfire, Garlic Silver Haze by @monkeyman and lime pop x mtf! They are all currently germing out in paper towels soaking their little shells.

Edit: First time not running useful seed company and I’m kinda sad… :disappointed:

29 Likes

Ooooh, cant wait to see your progress!

Good luck! :v::peace_symbol::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Thanks! Can’t wait to share all the stuff I learn this year for you guys and for future me. Something tells me to stick hydro and I’ll find my niche!

2 Likes

For a little inspiration, here are some pics of one of the Panama Garlic Haze plants that I have going now that is in bloom:

17 Likes

Damn they are gorgeous, did you sprinkle sugar on them (; so frosty.
Can’t wait to make you proud!

2 Likes

Are they finishing in 10 weeks?

1 Like

I am sure you will do a great job! It has only been flowering for a few weeks, I will post an update as it gets closer to harvest. The Panama Garlic Haze is Garlic Grove x Panama Haze x Malawi/Panama. The garlic grove is GMO (AKA Garlic Cookies) mother and the father is Legend Orange Apricot F2 crossed with some Panama Haze x Malawi/Panama pollen I got from @lefthandseeds 10 weeks seems to be the right time frame

3 Likes

Ok I’m so excited about this one!!! I will keep you updated my guy!!! I’ll post some pics as soon as they are above ground!

3 Likes

Have some rock wool soaking. Didn’t ph the rock wool last time and had 100% germ rate. So I’m doing the same and not ph’ing them!

Here’s this weeks smoke boy!

Hewy the Dino is ready to smoke up my room, just look at his face.

6 Likes

Nice looking concentrates, did you make it?

1 Like

I know a guy who works at a manufacturing company. He gets it cheap. Paid $150 for that and if it was from a dispo it would have been 300+
Hash Rosin sells for $65-80 a gram, while the sauce is usually 60-70 ish. So 3.5 x80 + 2x60=400.

2 Likes

Got the advanced nutrients just in time for Rez change. Hope a brand change doesn’t affect my plants!

2 Likes

here is the Panama Garlic Haze a couple weeks later, I think it is pretty much ready to harvest - the smell is amazing

7 Likes

Beautiful colors in there!!!

1 Like

Holy crap it’s been a minute. Why? Because life thats why. As the world spins so does my brain.

Three healthy girls all Solfire Gelly biscuits.
I had 3 Gelly Biscuits, 3 Garlic Haze, and 3 Lime Pop x MTF but I still getting my tech down I made a giant mistake. I up potted to a 5 gal when the plants had 3 nodes, but I didn’t fill the bucket all the way up. I assumed the roots would reach down into the bubbling res. I was wrong I came back to check on my plants the next day and but the Gelly biscuits were dead… so I put them back in 1 gals so the roots can be submerged again. I also gave them some piranha microbes and they recovered in a few days. The last picture is a 4 day period after adding microbes!

5 Likes

These girls are making the best comeback, I feel bad for the rest of the plants I fucked up… but I’m beginning to redeem myself here!

All three girls have some FAT indica leaves. They also have nodes that are so close.

8 Likes

I feel like for the first time in my hydro career I have things dialed 100 percent.
I’m using Advanced 3 part ph perfect, added microbes the first two weeks of veg, then every other week there after to keep culture numbers up!
These are the greenest happiest plants I myself have grown. They are wide leaf indicas leaning towards their biscotti lineage. They have Don Mega lineage so I need to be aware of the potential flower stretch.
I plan to clone all 3 and keep my favorite one for another grow. I’ve cloned before it was pretty simple to do so I’m pretty confident I can do it again.
These girls have the broadest fan leaves I’ve seen on one of my plants though. I notice how much water these leave are taking up! They also hide the lower bush and stop them from catching up to the top. No Beuno. So I took of the huge fans and let’s the two tops on each plant so the lowers could catch up! Take a look!

6 Likes

Always love fat and bushy indicas :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:, also using AN nutrients with good results, my doubt is if you need to add beneficial microbes after finding this … icon_e_confused|nullxnull

I know you are in hydro, but AN chelates the nutes so I don’t know if they are needed … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

They aren’t needed but they still had benefits such as oxygen absorption and root temp regulating! I think I’d get great results without it!
But with the microbes I think I’ll get even better results!

2 Likes

Will fill out both nets first in veg with the larger holes then the smaller holes in flower!

5 Likes