(OPEN)SnowHigh Pablo's Gold (purple) x Vietnamese Purple

Long over due for an update. These plants are currently almost 7 weeks into flower. I will try to catch up.
So last January, I think, I emailed John and ordered some Colombian Red. He very graciously accepted my late order and mentioned it might take a while, due to weather and his health. I of course said no worries. In the mean time, to keep me occupied he sent the Pablo cross and some Nangarhar x Panama Red. So I thought I would sprout Pablo and see how it goes. Above you can see I used the Upstate method of placing h2o2 soaked seeds in Aloe. So out of 12 seeds, 10 grew tails, 8 popped up, and 7 survived. 5 female and 2 males. So on to some photos to follow.

:stop_sign: STOP:
PLEASE READ THESE THREADS

How do I know my trust level
How do I sign up for a co-op seed run
How does the co-op boxes work
Wiki etiquette

Member = Trust Level 2
Regular = Trust Level 3
Note if you have dropped toTL2 and have a Reg Em or overgrower badge please add that after your name.
Note: PLEASE add your country next to your username in the sign up so your seeds get to your distributor

Who is your distributor?

Aus: @G-paS :australia: :us:
Canada: @DougDawson :canada:
Latin America: @Vertebrata :brazil:
Europe: @Swe-can :sweden: :eu:
US: @G-paS :us:

We are sorry but due to the issues in Asia we can NOT send to Asia at this time.

Please make sure to read the wiki etiquette thread above before you sign up and add your flags as stated above. :v:

Please tag yourself as reg/em if you are regular emeritus or overgrower
If you are now showing as member/TL2
TL3 - Regular

1. @TricycleOfDoom :canada:
  2. @funkyfunk :eu:
  3. @pharmerfil :us:
  4. @allotment :eu:
  5. @Cannaology :us:
  6. @Hashpants :us:
  7. @DougDawson :canada:
  8. @Illicitmango :us:
  9. @Mr.Christmas :us:
  10. @Whatnow :us: Reg em
  11. @Longtooth :us: Reg em
  12. @CocoaCoir :us:
  13. @Gho13 :us_outlying_islands: reg em
  14. @Gadarien :us_outlying_islands: reg em
  15. @Mrgreenthumb :us: reg em
  16. @LonelyOC :sweden: REG EM
  17. @Organical :us:
  18. @SunGrown :us: Reg Em
  19. @Uprangewilly :us:
  20. @PineTarBastard :us: Reg Em
  21. @Granola :canada: Reg Em
  22. @Cormoran :us:
  23. @Fortman420 :canada: reg em
  24. @Tracker :us: REG EM
  25. @CrunchBerries :us: Reg em
  26. @Sbeanonnamellow :us: Reg Em
  27. @Coffin_Dodger :us:
  28. @MikeyMeteor :us:
  29. @MrHamilton :us:
  30. @ramblinrose :us:
  31. @Kavman :us:
  32. @Kushking902 :canada:
  33. @Piter :eu: reg em
  34. @Movement13 :us: REG EM
  35. @creatorknbsland :brazil: Reg Em
  36. @BeardedMech :us: Reg Em
  37. @Mad_Barry :australia:
  38. @invisible :australia: Reg Em
  39. @Trae1170 :us: REG EM
  40. @imstinky :us: regem
  41. @Crawfish :canada:
  42. @Kyumonryu :canada:
  43. @emeraldbullfrog :us:
  44. @ChinookKing :us: reg em
  45. @AmnioticBaptism :us: reg em
  46. @tresbundles :us:
  47. @Weednerd.Anthony :us reg em
  48. @catapult :us: reg em
  49. @ClassicGenetix :us:
  50. @OnePassionateGrower :us:
  51. @Groenevingers :eu:
  52. @420noob reg em :us:
  53. @Emeraldgreen :us:
  54. @ix3u :us:
  55. @OhNo555 :us: Reg/Em
  56. @freed111 :canada: Reg/Em
  57. @InTheWoods :us:
  58. @j0ebob :us: Reg Em
  59. @Shanti-ri :brazil: Reg/Em
  60. @FirstCavApache64 :us:
  61. @bigLblazed :de: Reg/Em
  62. @Villiager :de:
  63. @G-paS :us:
    Do Not Add Numbers

TL2 - Member

1. @Zolorp :us:
  2. @Rastafarhigh :eu:
  3. @Elpolloloco :us:
  4. @sunra108 :us:
  5. @Cadizzles :canada:
  6. @Ganjapeee :brazil:
  7. @MyrtleGrounds :us:
  8. @HeadyMcDank :us:
  9. @luxton :canada:
  10. @Green_Light :us:
  11. @OtisCampbell :us:
  12. @djtrip :us:
  13. @Hvacguy1 :us:
  14. @donuchee:us
  15. @turtlewerm :us:
  16. @Sodapop :us:
  17. @Zett :us:
  18. @Faithisyours :eu:
  19. @RoryBorealis :us:
  20. @2grwlife :us_outlying_islands:
  21. @PlantTherapy :us:
  22. @Onobigrower :brazil:
  23. @dank :us:
  24. @Budgus :brazil:
  25. @HobbyCraft :canada:
  26. @Txana_kuin :brazil:
  27. @BuckeyeBeanz :us:
  28. @stanknugzz77 :us:
  29. @Tao :us:
  30. @MrRevolution :us_outlying_islands:
  31. @lunarmog :us:
  32. @Aero :eu:
  33. @US3RNAM3 :us:
  34. @BCC :us:
  35. @Bobgrows :us_outlying_islands:
  36. @Bayarealivingsoil :us_outlying_islands:
  37. @snizzyy :us:
  38. @Jonesfamily7715 :us:
  39. @holygroveseed :us:
  40. @Itslegalnow :us:
  41. @dingys :brazil:
  42. @FPunk :brazil:
    Do Not Add Numbers
87 Likes

Best of luck on your run those sound great have heard so much good about snowhighs work just never ran it as the price point has been a little too rich for my blood will be following along to see what you find!

13 Likes

So here we have 6 of the more vigorous plants, one other was in the nursery as I tried to encourage her, she made it. Ultimately I ended up with 7 good plants, one very purple runt did not make it. Darn.

33 Likes

As you can see, it took some patience but I got 7 plants. All look healthy now, but I am pleased that I waited before giving up on some of the slower starters. I took cuttings off the two most vigorous plants. One turned out to be female, the other male. So I have a mother and a father in the veg room.

28 Likes

Yeah, I’ve always been interested in Snowhigh’s gear, too, but like you said, his seeds are ridiculously expensive.

Having said that, I’m definitely here for the show, @DainIronFoot. Sounds like an excellent cross. Now let’s see the rest of the pics! Haha.

8 Likes

Not much “collateral damage” to assume :sweat_smile:, I would be rather nervous to grow those pricey seeds, now you seem to have everything under control, following along … beer3|nullxnull

10 Likes

Here we see the boys (under purple) and the girls (under CMH). Quite a bit of variance in height this early. Even in small air pots these girls tried to crawl out of the tent and up on the light. As you shall see…I moved them to a taller tent, and an LED light. The girls that is. The boys provided some pollen then I chopped them. Of course I still have a mom and dad in the veg room.

27 Likes

Here are the girls about a month or so ago, before I moved them. I should mention, I am using perlite and coco with about 1:3 ratio of worm casings. Feeding is predominantly compost tea with a little fish poop occassionally. These girls do NOT like too much food.

24 Likes

Ok, now we are in the new tent. More room. In no time at all…they tried to crawl over the light. Stretc…h. They have finally settle down but I had to bend them over.

23 Likes

12 days later. Still stretching. I swear I hardly feed them. damn cannibals they are. started in on their lower leaves sooner than I thought they would.

26 Likes

Here I have tried to bend them with the fancy plant bending device. Be careful with those things. You will see in a minute why I say that. I will have to take a new photo to show my goof. This is very recent. we are almost caught up. I should mention these plants are all heavily seeded. I pooled the pollen from the two males and brushed every flower, multiple times over several days. Seeds!

30 Likes

Very excited for these! I’ve got some of the Nangahar and I’ve seen some outdoor this years of them as well. Interesting Pablo’s too, I think I have a green and gold crossed to some other stuff I wonder how these would compare.

7 Likes

I have not seen these grown out - they look wonderful !!!

How long flowering are they ?

Viet Purple - I know John had a Dalat Purple that went 16 to 20+ weeks - it was a wispy, willow-y type plant

6 Likes

WoW! Cool grow @DainIronFoot ! I’m gonna hang my hammock over here in the corner to keep an eye on this! (Though it appears you’re already well along!) Do you know any more about the VN Purple strain? I’m over here in SE Asia, not all that far away and very interested! :crazy_face: Best of luck to you bro!

:call_me_hand:

6 Likes

So this is where we are today. Just a few days shy of 7 weeks flower. Of course, being a putz, I bent one of the stretchy females a bit too much. Fortunately, she recovered very well with masking tape. So I don’t feel too bad. Heavily seeded, dropping fan leaves and maybe starting to fatten up a little. Smells like exotic hardwood. @Upstate, @Guitarzan I hope to have adequate seeds for a Freakers offering.

27 Likes

Very good question. I know John Fowler did a number of crosses with various pheno of Pablo’s Gold. Some were 9-11 week flower. If I understand it correctly, Pablo’s Gold is a Colombian Gold x UK Cheese, back crossed to Colombian Gold, at least once, maybe twice. I think Colombian Car Bomb and others have Pablo’s Gold.

7 Likes

I do not know how long they will flower. Certainly they are showing some real narrow leaf traits. I would not be surprised at 16 weeks.

6 Likes

I wish I knew more about the Vietnamese Purple. I have read a little about Pablo’s Gold but almost no information about the female crossed with the Colombian hybrid. This F1 is very NLD. If I ever grow out the progeny I wonder how they will look. Maybe the F2 of this will have some Vietnamese leaning pheno. I have the F2 of Tangerine Sky, which iirc is Pablo’s Gold x Angola Red x Green Thai x Purple Thai. It would be interesting to cross this F1 with the Tangerine Sky F2.

7 Likes

Whoops, was meant to be a DM! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

@romanoweed any info about Snowhigh viet purple?
@YoBigdaddy find any purple Dalat plants?
Nice looking plants @DainIronFoot. Nice work. Sounds like a great strain. Maybe @Guitarzan knows some more info.

6 Likes