Opinions on "Root Farm nutrients"

What’s everyone’s opinion on root farm nutrients. They seem to be found at many of the big box stores for reasonable prices (12$ canadian at walmart)

1 Like

This is a comparison chart I found online

2 Likes

I know a couple of growers who are using them and getting great results. A sub company of Bayer/Monsanto if you are not wanting to support them financially. Other than that seems to work well.

2 Likes

I’ve got no loyalties lol, I drove around the prairies spraying oil leases with “the evil roundup”. And i’ve been using MG 20 20 20 all summer. I may give it a try and see what happens

3 Likes

I see this stuff everywhere and admittedly pass it by just because well, I see it everywhere lol.

But theres always this part of me that is interested in something that’s so readily available.

I even see it on clearance during the winter months.

3 Likes

That’s been my thoughts exactly. Home depot crappy tire Walmart… its just too easy to get

1 Like

If you’re on a budget, its really hard to beat Mega Crop on cost or quality of grow. The cheapest bag is 500 grams and costs around $8 US and will make at solid 100 gallons of nutes or more depending on how strong you like it. I was getting closer to 130-150 gallons in hydro. You should be able to get even more in soil.

Of course, its a dry single part powder rather than three part liquid. Some folks dont like that. Works great for most folks though.

2 Likes

I’ll look into it!..

Edit.

Looked into it. So I can use this stuff start to finish? No changing anything for flowering?.

I’ve got some coming haha 500g was free just pay shipping, so 8$ canadian. That’s my kinda deal lol

3 Likes

Most seem to use it start to finish, but some add extra stuff for flowering. Many, including me, also add extra CalMag. The new version doesnt seem to need much if any extra CalMag though.

Awesome, hopefully it get here soon! Do you ever bump the nitrogen in veg when using it?

1 Like

I have not seen any need for additives.

1 Like

Monsanto?? Holy shit.

1 Like