Miracle gro hate

Yes they are a big evil corporation, but I will give it to the performance organic soil for budget friendly grow media. I’m on week 3 of flower and aside from initial amendments and 2 top dressings have done nothing but water. For $10/bag(1.5cuft) shits dope when you’re on a budget.

7 Likes

Nothing wrong with their products they grow plants good.
Their ethics can be left for a different thread lol

I find the tomato mix could use a little more calcium if your using it for flower other than that some of their products have too much N for flower.

What all you using? Or plan on using?

I’m using the performance organic potting mix amended with a bit of kelp meal and dr earth organic tomato food.

2 Likes

I’m also kinda blown away with how much easier it is than hydro.

1 Like

Sick man post some photos later on if your comfortable. I love seeing grows that don’t cost a arm and a leg for products

1 Like

nothing fancy just a cheap 4x4 tent and hps.

8 Likes

I have used MG for plenty of grows. I have had no problems with it.

3 Likes

I have used jacks 3 2 1 method before in hydro and it worked well. CNS17 line is a one part and only like 30 a gallon. Compost can be free. How is the smoke on the miricle grow buds? I hear it can be a bit harsh but thats only rumor.

3 Likes

It can be if you do not take into account the fact that MG has nutes mixed in to feed for around 3 months, so you dont need to give it nutes as much or in high amounts. That is where the harsh bit comes into play other soil types most people will give it a 2 week or so flush before cutting it down. I have found with MG you need more time to flush out to prevent the harsh aftertaste.

2 Likes

see that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation

3 Likes

You are welcome.
Edit: I use MG regular potting soil $7.50ish for 1 cubic foot bag.

1 Like

Their organic line doesn’t have the time released fertilizer. I can’t comment on the smoke as I’m only on week 3(day 19 really) of flower.

2 Likes

I know I tried the organic line once did not work as well as I was hoping. But you should not have any real issues with that line of soil. Here is a pic of a Sour Diesel auto I have in MG

Yes that is a auto.

7 Likes

It’s cool I’m rocking general hydroponics welcome.to the club

2 Likes

I would also like to confess when I was using the Canna nutrient line. I would do seed runs with miracle.grow tomato fertilizer. Think it was 7-7-7 I could feed the whole run for pennies

First and last time I used miracle grow got a plague of thrips
Never used it again,there is plenty
Of
People use it,I use black gold soil stopped buying fox farms
Soils to expensive
Just add nutes and it’s fine

3 Likes

Never hear of them before I will have to check them out. Thanks for that info.

1 Like

If you use black gold perlite wear a respirator and clean it outside!!

Only pests I’ve got so far are a few fungus gnats, but theyre pretty harmless and I assume that just comes with soil regardless.