Veg+Bloom Ro Soft with Shine

Anyone running this? Just got a 1# can of each going to run some autos with it.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I must be on another planet… no replies on 2 different nutrients this week… Either I have found the very dark edges of the web and no one has heard of these products, or they suck and no one has heard of them. :confused: either way, I’m using them this run. I guess just so I can put an opinion and review of them out there.

5 Likes

Pls do let us know what transpires @Dr_Jekyll, there are so many nute companies popping up it is hard to keep track.

In my neck of the woods it is AN, GH, Green Planet, Remo. Anything else is considered odd and not very well stocked.

2 Likes

I would be using this if I had the extra cash for it. I heard it kicks ass. We discuss it a bit in my what does everyone feed in coco thread. I heard on some forums people where having issues with out adding a little extra cal/ mag supplement to the ro, so maybe keep an eye out for signs of deficiencies, but most things I’ve heard or read about v+b was very positive. Definitely interested in how it turns out for you, so please keep us posted.

4 Likes

never seen those or heard about them… just to give one reason why we are quiet… I likely live very far removed from your place so… stand to reason that there are many different products available there.

2 Likes

Looks crappy to me, no info about whats in it!!
No NPK rating, or anything usefull to the grower.
Besides their “factory” setting, your working in blind with this.

So it’s a No from my side, but I wonder what made you buy it?
It would be helpfull maybe, if you let us know what got you to try this out.!

Compared to let’s say Advanced Nutrients or GHE basic 3 part, that really works great. And they are so kind, to list what’s in their nutrient bottles. I can trust that!

A company who dont, nahhh not so much. I wouldn’t trust going to the shooting range, with a bunch of blind kids either.

It’s a different game with the organic ferts, but from all I can tell that stuff there is most likey cheap Ion based nutrients.
With high concentrations of waste sulphur, but I might be wrong. But thats what pops to mind, when I see nutrient brands who aint honest on the lable. I don’t trust they pourd alot of honesty into the bottle!

As we say here - They are milking the cow!

@Palindrome Yeah the info is there, i just didn’t have it in my hands to snap a pic. It’s raw powder based so at least I’m not buying someone’s bottle water I guess. It was recommended to me by the shop owner when I told him about how much I dislike the General Hydroponics line. I have never had the lock out issues I had in my last flower run with GH. Tired of mixing bottles so wanted a 1 part that was in base form. These guys make a 2 part of the same product that goes in the “Doser” units used by “The Jungleboys”, So hopefully it’s not garbage. CAN’T BE WORSE THAN GENERAL HYDROPONICS/ GENERAL ORGANICS… FINGERS CROSSED ANYWAY.

4 Likes

I am finding a few more people that have used it with the old googler. Seems a lot of people have had good luck with it, while a lot say I need the extra Cal-Mag. I have that on hand so if the need arises I am ready.

I will be keeping a detailed log on this grow and results, as well as putting up a burner about my experience with GH - Go box. Veg was amazing, after that it was shit city. Maybe we could start a section just for the nutrient reviews. I have used a different line each grow and I’m starting to think the buck starts and stops with Nectar for the Gods.

3 Likes

id say you need more than 1%

Okay thats at least something, I didn’t see thouse on their homepage either. But good that they are there, thats is a big plus in my book.

Never tried GHE Organics, but I have had massive results with GHE basic 3 part series, as well as AN’s (they are more or less identical)
There are always the off plant, thats just a bitch to work with. But over all, absolutely nothing wrong with GHE’s base series in my experiance.

I have some one part flower nutes, but Im never got around to finish the plants with it.
For veg I use a one part nutrient I mix from raw salts, but for flower I always use a 2 or 3 part series.

2 Likes

I think V+B is pretty well known among people who run coco. I haven’t used it myself, but I recently modified the Jack’s 321 formula to match the nutrient profile of V+B. Plants seem to be doing well…

As for shine… it looks like you can easily replace it with MPK and Epsom salt. https://www.amazon.com/Monopotassium-Fertilizer-Hydroponics-Greenway-Biotech/dp/B01GGQQEAG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1542209509&sr=8-4&keywords=monopotassium+phosphate

3 lbs / $17

2 Likes

Definitely copying your recipe when I can afford the salts lol!

1 Like

I’ll be using it for the grow documented here: Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 Jungle Spice - Give Away Has Ended

Also, I checked out Shine in hydro buddy and a 4:1 combination of MKP:Epsom is pretty close. @Dr_Jekyll do you know what the schedule is for adding shine? I’d guess it’s something like adding a few grams per gallon around week 4.

Their label is weird, and the numbers don’t quite work out. First, they show MKP twice in the ingredients list. Also, you can’t really get a 2:1 ratio of sulfur to magnesium with epsom alone (which is the only ingredient that contains Mg and S)… so I don’t know what’s going on there.

1 Like

I just ordered 25 lb tubs of veg + bloom with complements for my new grow I am setting up. Super excited.

saw this post and knew i had to join! so i cant attest to the smokable quality personaly. but i love to grow. and have tried MANY different product lines. ive used Veg & Bloom several different grows. (RO Soft version) since my water ppm is rather lowish 80-100 ppm. this time im using the Tap version. so what ive noticed using Veg & Bloom:

[all tests/grows in DWC and RDWC Undercurrent]

PROS: Cheapish, easy to run, not 4737384 differnt nutrients to mix and measure, can be used from start to finish, your not paying for bottled water, great results and yeilds.

CONS: u really have to mix it or there will be undisolved particles at the bottom, not as good as Canna.

TL;DR: top 5 best nutrient lines ive used. i would still add a PK Booster and possibly other Enzymes/etc

1 Like

Great! Thanks for the responce. My source water and my new location is around 80 ppms so I went with the R.o. I may still filter it, and add my base r.o mix that I always use with r.o - silica and cal mag than add what the instructions say. Good to know about the mixing. I will run a recirculating pump in each Rez.

I was already thinking about using these, thanks for the tip.

good to hear. silica and cal-mag ive used with veg and bloom also. if def shouldnt hurt. im running the "tap water verson this time around from seedlings and can post the results/grow in another thread. this grow is about 2.5 weeks in and only using quarter strentgh nutrients. do u use their “Life” microbes? ive used both their “life” and “Orca” brand microbes with veg and bloom 2 different grows. (no difference noted) roughly the same ammount of $ for the size. ive just finished a full “Canna” brand grow with great results. but the prices are outrageous. in particular the “Canna Boost” at around $100 for. small 1 liter.

1 Like