Out of the blue Flickering cob setup

I’m using these -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DACT-Type-SMD-Stepped-Attenuator-21-step-volume-control-10K-20K-50K-100K-250K/143166842904?hash=item215568a818:g:DEEAAOSwOYxchbf5

Bit more expensive but you can go up or down a click at a time which makes things easier and they don’t seem to burn out. It’s a stereo pot so you use one channel which leaves the other as a spare.

8 Likes

Thanks. I bought the cheap potentiometers and I don’t like the look of them. My soldering broke off and I’m not so good at it. Was looking for easy fix, but I may as well practice soldering.
Plus, who doesn’t like to turn that knob and watch it come alive!!

3 Likes

Just to update. The flickering is absent when the potentiometer is removed. I didnt have time to measure the voltage drop.

Rapid led uses the wago connectors so they are really easy to switch things in and out and change configurations.

I’ll let everyone know what happens.

Thanks for all the help.

5 Likes

Sounds like the most straight forward path. :+1:

3 Likes

Okay so after reattaching the pot I have not had an issue with flicker. I guess maybe a connection issue maybe wasn’t properly seated in the wago.

I’ll keep you updated, but this looks to not be an equipment failure as of now. User error as usual.

4 Likes

That’s the way to do it. Putting them together without a resistor will also damage the driver in the long term.

3 Likes