Tsw2000 Help!

Hi folks, I recently purchased a Mars Hydro TSW2000 300w light and after 38 days the drivers failed. While I am waiting for a response from mars hydro, I am looking into replacing the drivers myself with better quality.

So my question is does anyone know if I can use an HLG driver with matching specs ?
I’ll be damned if I lose my plants over this.
If anyone can help please let me know…
thanks

Cannabisius

2 Likes

About half a dozen, maybe more now.

• So both drivers went?
  • Anything else ‘funny’ happen about the same time?
  • The drivers will have a technical label, what does it say?

Cheers
G

1 Like

The bottom driver making no power the top driver light 1/2 board at maybe 10 watts

1 Like

What’s the driver from the HLG? Hopefully you bought the light direct. Lots of problems with people trying to redeem the warranties from them

OK, found the data sheet. Looks like it should be an easy cross.
For a MeanWell cross, the P/N is HLG-150H-42B
(I’m seeing stock at Digikey - $53.72USD). You can save a few bucks looking around at other distributors.
Physically the MeanWell unit is a little longer so the mounting holes don’t all line up.

I was looking at the Mars brochure pics and it looks like the marketing guy did some editing to clean up the shots and I can’t work out exactly how the AC is coming into the drivers

Is the AC (from the wall) going to that control box first then to the drivers?
In some photos I see the dimming cables (from the drivers), ‘T’ junctioned and a single line going back to the control box. Is that what you have?

Basically I’m trying to ‘get a handle’ on how they are controlling the drivers (PWM, 50K pot or 0-10VDC). I suspect PWM because that would be the easiest for their ‘daisy chaining’ multiple lights together.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Hi pal, I really appreciate your help. MH contacted me this morning asking for proof of purchase. I suspect that they are going to send me a new unit. It is possible that it is the dimmer unit. There is dimmer unit that is hard wired to one of the drivers. I was gonna try to switch them out but did not want to void my warranty.
Im getting by with my back up lights

Thanks again pal… stop bye and check out my journal

Cannabisius

First w/Autos GSC

About the dimmer, there’s 3 ways to control the drivers:

• 0~10VDC (old commercial standard, nobody uses it)
  • PWM everybody’s fav. standard, dead easy with some cheap Cct.
  • potentiometer, DIY fav.

Potentiometer: 100K linear for controlling 1 driver, 50 K linear for 2 drivers

Have fun!

Cheers
G

1 Like