Overdoing the silver spray

I was going to make feminized seeds. So I read most of the directions right?
I started by spraying with silver thiosulfate daily into the internodes before flipping to twelve twelve light schedule
Then I began spraying three and four times a day and continuous spraying for two weeks. I forget to read the last t sentence that said stop once the pollen sacks form
Once it was clear there were many many sacks and none had pollen I checked in on another forum and learn I should have quit spraying.
I was told my plant might make pollen in another week or two. Well, two weeks have gone by and the plant is dying
I got lots of green pollen sacks laying every where on the glass under the plant but few open and those that do still have no pollen
Should I try bumping the light to thirteen or fourteen hours?
Coincidentally a sister clone I accidentally sprayed a couple of times made pollen and I saved it although it was not much? Does anyone know if it will be viable?
I’m trying to re veggy that clone to try again if this doesn’t work

5 Likes

Hey there Trowertripper, sorry to hear about your lack of success with your endeavors. The pollen from the sister clone that accidentally got sprayed could very well be viable. If you wanted to try again, I would recommend taking another clone instead of reveg.

With sts you don’t spray multiple times a day, or even daily, that’s with colloidal silver. With sts you only really need to spray a couple times over a 2 week period and that’s pretty much it. It’s the main reason I switched from colloidal silver to sts, was tired of spraying everyday lol

Wish you the best

7 Likes

Well…those are the last two of that Pheno. It has the little straight edge leaves popping out, maybe it will re vegg? Will it interfere with it’s sex?
Will it come back as a female?

3 Likes

Yes if it revegs it’ll be female still.

4 Likes

Try following these instructions. Worked like a charm, for me.

1 Like

Thanks. She is revegging and producing the smooth edge first revegg leaves out of her buds
So I’m going to try this again

Try putting a couple bananas :banana: at the base of the plant. The ethylene gas they put out should provide enough to give the sacs a kick to open up.

I heard that an put a banana under the plant a week ago…I think it’s too far gone but i still water and feed it

The purpose of SST is to inhibit the ethylene production, of course. I think whoever said that is confusing the effects of ethylene on female plants vs male plants. Seems like bro science to me i.e. bananas ripen due to ethylene and bananas look like male cannabis flowers, so… Male plants don’t produce ethylene and don’t use it
to trigger ripening of the pollen sacks. In fact, applying a solution of ethylene directly to a male plant will cause it to produce female flowers.

The pollen sacks will open when they are ripe. You don’t want to trick unripe pollen sacks to open as the pollen might not be fertile or might result in nonviable seeds.

1 Like

None of the pollen sacks had pollen. The plant I accidentally hit once or twice did have pollen. It’s a case of less is more and a case of LIFTA

1 Like