Who is making their own feminized seeds with DIY silver water?

Hello Growers.

So, It took me 2 months of growing and only one occasion of paying for seeds ( Online/ Crop King/ Canada Post lost my 25 beans and they are re-shipping it very cool of them. ) and I am already at the point of wanting to make my own fem seeds. I do not want to pay for Silver Water and I guess all this guaranteeing has me in a " self-sufficient/ fill my bunker " kind of frame in my mind. One of the survivors, who has there own seed stock, seems like a cool thing to be. So who does it and tell me it is easy? Thanks!

5 Likes

Have you tried to search the forums for #feminization?

3 Likes

lol I have not. I know all the tec side of it by research, I would however like to hear from someone actually doing it and if they find it easy

3 Likes

I did Colloidal Silver last year during my very first grow. It took two attempts to get balls. Two out of three apparant successes. Only one plant finally got pollinated and not very thoroughly.
I have since made a few male-female pairings.

I have two female Herijuana and two female White Rhino in flower right now. There is a clone of WR rooted and three Heris working on it.

I have a slightly better sense of what I am doing and when. When the clones get big enough I will begin three weeks of 2x daily spraying. I have Colloidal Silver (home made - that part is super fun and easy) from last year. I can make more if need be.
STS sounds MUCH easier.

5 Likes

I thought colloidal and STS were pretty much identical, is STS faster/easier? If so why isn’t everyone using it?

1 Like

First grow , I like your style I am on my 1st ( well technically no but 1st in a while , 1st in my own lil owned home and 1st legally with a license so this time is way better.) My clone guy fell through I started bag seeds ( Cookie & cream) lots of herm still have a good female and I haven’t killed the males cus a part of me is thinking to breed… all that led me to feminized seeds. So I have one female fair size a few days into flower if i made my silver water now could i spray one branch create the pollen and seed another branch and how many seeds we talking cus I need bud too lol should I just wait until I have more prep time and plants to screw around with? Also how worth it is it and r u glad you did it. are you confidently seed sufficient and do they all turn out females, what’s germ rate like?

1 Like

Lots of good questions. For me it’s all play right now (now that the JS project is done) so I don’t sweat any of it. I do just about anything I think of trying. Most of it doesn’t cause more/better bud.

Ideally, with only one plant, you would do the CS on a clone. You DO NOT want to consume CS treated plant matter. If you have a male and you like both plants I would say consider making reg seeds.

Couple days into flower is a bit later than recommended for CS though it will probably work if everything else is in place.

I am seed sufficient. And yet…

2 Likes

Buying batteries and coins is less of a leap than buying chemicals or syringes.

5 Likes

I find I go back and forth on everything! let it bud let it seed. Some of those poor males I take them out of the room or far from the light to put them to death, they sit in my mud room unattended mixed lighting some near a heater drying up the solo I don’t attend well then they go back in the room lol I am nuts but plus side my just now reading confirms what i jokingly thought to my self , well if they can survive this… I have only the tuff navy seal plants doing there thing maybe I will seed with them or maybe I won’t, thus the problem. but I have White Banner Crop King Seeds lot’s cus I am not set up or confident with cuttings I think fem seeding those wht.ban is a no brain er, why not make fem of everything that goes through a garden? I say.

Ah so the issue is more that sts is harder to obtain. Is it really any easier or faster anyways though?

1 Like

Yes @beacher. STS requires only one or two treatments. CS needs 3 weeks daily 1 or 2x per day. I don’t know about STS but CS made the plants miserable. They were definitely not thriving when dust time came. Then again, I had minimal clue.

3 Likes

I’ve never had tried the coloidal Silver,
But i have experience with STS , the two principal ingredients may be expensive,(well actually just the Silver nitrate) but it absolutely works , also not to difficult to get, i used to get my one on Ebay

4 aplicaciĂłnS with the right dose and you have a beautiful reversed female

8 Likes

I just looked it up, it is expensive by weight comparative to retail weed. I kinda would hope it would work like a charm and make plenty of cost saving seeds you know at that price.

2 Likes

i just flipped a small white fire clone today and gave it its first spray with homemade colloidal, made it myself with 925 silver wire so it was super cheap. i also flipped a second, bigger white fire clone at the same time which will get pollinated.

2 Likes

WiFi Good strain. Well let me know how it goes. Do they get there own space or are they mixed with plants going full flower term?

yes they’re just sitting on the floor of my flower tent which runs perpetual so there is plants at all stages of flower in there…

i will take the plant out to spray it and wait a while before returning it. once male flowers begin developing i will remove it from the tent to finish up and harvest the pollen. i will remove the other clone to pollinate with a paint brush then leave it in a lil grow cabinet under screw in bulbs for 4-6 days to let the pollen take, then spray it with water or something before returning it to the flower tent to let the seeds mature…

this is my plan anyways, i’ve never done any of this before including making seeds, so who knows how it will turn out

4 Likes

I once put a male and a female plant next to each other in my backyard had the idea to develop a strain used to my place lol in hopes every year it gets better, I got seeds but nothing would germinate. That’s the most I’ve tried. I like doing plants from seed and I rather not set up a mother room SO in the goal of bringing costs down aside from mixing my own soil seed making seems like a must. I just got a 37 plant license at first seemed plenty now I am not so sure, so many strains and strain combos seem fun as hell. I really want to get a hard to get strain in Canada from Mandala Seeds called Mandala #1 and Satori, Hi THC Land-race strain. If I had all the kinds I wanted I would need several hundred plants. lol

2 Likes

linda seeds has this in stock for 25 euros/10 pack and they are listed as an official reseller on mandalas website

https://www.linda-seeds.com/en/buy-regular-marijuana-seeds/hybrid/high-content-of-thc/large-yield/mandala-1-mandala-seeds

1 Like

What is the level of CS ppm did you made? I’d like to make some for a future breeding project.

1 Like

i haven’t tested the ppms but i just ran it overnight with 3 9v batteries and 2 small pieces of 925 silver wire. i was cleaning it off every so often for the first couple hours then i fell asleep with it running.

i’ve been spraying mostly once or twice a day, forgot a few days, the 925 silver definitely works

how will i know when they’re about to drop pollen?? i have this in my flower tent right now

7 Likes