Paintedfire studio šŸ”„ šŸ–Œ

this plant is exactly 24" tall from soil to cola tipā€¦ equally as wide and if it wasnā€™t trellised in place it flops right over from the weight of the budsā€¦ rock hard and narsty !!! this crop I kept my nightime temps inline with my daytime temps till I was past the stretch phase and it made a huge difference and kept all my plants short and stocky as compared to a colder night cycleā€¦only issue I see is it seems the flower cycle was extended 1 weekā€¦

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a shame. Iā€™m wishing you the best @paintedfire420, bro. We miss your posts but a man can only give so much. Iā€™ve really enjoyed your threads even though I donā€™t always post. Whenever you feel the time is right, the OG Fam is always here, 24-7-365. Hit me up if thereā€™s anything I can do. I really dig your thread/posts. peace

9 Likes

Heā€™s around here and there :wink:

9 Likes

Does anyone remember what his numbers meant.

1 2 3

I know its in his thread somewhere but 1k posts. Iā€™m going to grow out some more of his stuff. Tag him in a few photos and see if that lures him out. Haha generous dude.

6 Likes

So here is one of the Guava Hash x C99 babies. this one is from seedā€¦ 36" tall from top of soil to tip of colaā€¦ rock hard and narsty ā€¦overall I am super pleased with these genetics

20 Likes
14 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome. I just put some into flower that I vegged to almost 30 inches. I may have a height issue later on.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s very interesting, I was not aware that keeping day and night temps equal resulted in less stretch, probably advisable to employ it with the G99 and big nosed Kate, they will stretch a lot if given the opportunity.

5 Likes

I had no idea either, I read it on one of the grow forums and decided to give it a shot and as you can see it workedā€¦ I run CO2 and LED lights so I have my room up at 85 degrees and I had to add heaters to keep the room in the 80ā€™s during the nightsā€¦ In all my years of growing I have not been able to limit the stretch like this before, I have a plant thats all of 5 oz and not any more then 25" tall, its literally solid bud from soil to cola tipā€¦ heck even cutting the plants out of the pot is a hassle as there is no open space on many of themā€¦

ā€¦

6 Likes

P whatā€™s good man? Hope all is well bud. I have a thick bud thats reminiscent of your plants that molded a touch a whiles back. BNK it mighta been. Wanted to touch base. Make sure your canopies are super flat.:blush:. You have a good one. Be safe.

3 Likes

This is painful! Iā€™m having almost none of mine pop & zero survivors! :confounded:

Most of my other strains have been low-germinating tooā€¦ I think my fridge may have gotten too cold & froze them. :ice_cube:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

A lot of people put there seeds in the freezer do they not?

5 Likes

Here is a closeup of some of that shorty Doc Holiday X C99ā€¦I cut this little nug a few days before I harvested just so I could check ripenessā€¦ anyways today the nugget was dry and perfect for some photoā€™sā€¦ the bouquet is amazing and I am super stoked to try this oneā€¦I am unsure of the dry weight as its still curing, my guess is itā€™s quite good even tho it was only 24" tall

16 Likes

Donā€™t know why it would happen? :sleepy::pensive:

I put all my seeds in vacuum packs then in a small fishing box then in the freezer. Done this way since the first seeds I got, and they seem to germ everytime still

6 Likes

I recently had this problem last month I used a deep freezer my germ rates shot to shit had a 36 cell flat only have 3 come up that all dampened off and died was a rough month having great germ rates this month and there back in the regular freezerā€¦ probably something else Iā€™m missing but it sure scared me and they will stay put where there at

5 Likes

seeds can be stored frozen but they have to be virtually 0% moisture content or the expansion can burst cells. so DRY seeds store frozen.

i still have the doc holiday x c99 to try from paintedfire, :v:

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

I never have because I canā€™t guarantee it wouldnā€™t go out someday. Itā€™s not the freezing that hurts it, itā€™s the rapid change in temperature that causes condensation problems.

AK Beanbrains has a walk in cooler heā€™s used for years and he has an energy backup incase the power goes out. He says he goes in to get seeds while heā€™s inside, so the seeds never thaw and refreeze. They never leave the freezer.

I never asked about using them out of the freezerā€¦ would you et it just thaw at room temp and then soak it? Iā€™ve always just kept mine in a dark, dry, cool place. But, Iā€™ve collected a good many now and wonder if I need to do more to protect them for long the term.

4 Likes

Im keeping mine in film containers inside of a fanny pack(lol) i keep in my fridge. And after seeing this post i started looking around for more info. I got super paranoid last night and ordered 2.5 pounds of rechargeable desacant beads to add to my fanny pack. Lol. Obviously i wont need all 2.5 pounds. It was just the most economical option.

5 Likes

Absolutely,I found the pot cast with ā€œAK Bean Brainā€™sā€ very interesting,I generally dry with rice,one grain per seed-ish ,keep for awhile 6-9 mo. before freezing for long term
Peace

6 Likes

Doc Holiday X C99 ā€¦23" tallā€¦ 107.8 grams or primo chunkā€¦ 2 gallon square potā€¦total footprint 12" x 12"

6 Likes