Paps

6 Likes

So awesome @Heliosphear ! Subbed into your YT channel now!:grin::v:

4 Likes

I took a look at the Octopots that Frankie is in

Roots are all over the outside of the bag
Very small roots at the very top of the net pot
Very white in color looks healthy but not in the reservoir
Only way roots hit the water is if the reservoir is filled to the top ?

@Jetdro sounds familiar

@ifish I used rhizotonic in the beginning at transplanting and the clone had a decent route development when transplanted

It’s looks so much better then it did

Maybe she needs a longer veg time
She grows quickly though

Thoughts :thought_balloon: please

@Octochris @Floyd @ShiskaberrySavior @HolyAngel @BarefootAndBlazed

5 Likes

hmm… only time I ever had roots not wanting to go in the water like that was when I was dosing poolshock instead of pure calcium hypochlorite. like too much bleach or something.

I’ve never used the canna rhizotonic before… if PH is good and EC isn’t too high, given everything else i’d think it just needs some more time or something… maybe fill her up and see what happens?

5 Likes

I kept being told that Frankie is a heavy nitrogen weaning strain so I guess somewhere around week two of flour I may have boosted are way too heavily with the P PMs as the only thing I could think of and my pH was off during that same time

2 Likes

@Heliosphear, that video was the coolest moment in my weekend thus far! VERY well done sir. :+1: :+1:

Many Thx,
-Grouchy

3 Likes

Sorry Paps, all my grows so far there were plenty of roots in the res. Even in my not so great grows roots were in the res. :thinking:

2 Likes

Maybe not Paps…
I’ll wager that the secret sauce of the Octo method is varying the water level in the res to tailor the balance between the two root systems.

OctoChris played around with the water level variable in his “High Performance” watering method, but he never really dialed it in. I’m following up on his suggestions and getting some interesting results. Too early to report my findings, but here’s the official OctoPot™ intel as a starting point:

That suggests that the exact wrong thing to do when we are encouraging a transplanted seedling to root in the reservoir is to fill the res to the top. That just soaks the bottom of the bag with excess wicking and encourages roots in the soil above the rez!

By the way, I think everyone who has grown Frankenstein in Octo has remarked that she doesn’t like wet feet and is reluctant to push her root system into the hydrozone.

Food for thought,
Grouchy :v: :green_heart:

8 Likes

We always have rez levels low when transplanting into them . All of us do .

I have been varying the level since I first bought the pots .

No @Papalag I have never had a plant not set up in the rez before never .

What is happening to the WC too here .

Only different for me was the 4 c 4 pot and thinking it let too much water go into the sides of the sleeve

3 Likes

Yes and I mostly keep my levels pretty low through out the grow lately. Unless I have to go somewhere for a day or two.
I feel they benefit having some roots getting oxygen. Just a theory.

3 Likes

They get plenty of oxygen even with the level all the way up there still a good air space and they breathe through transpiration through the sleeve

2 Likes

Yep, I read everything on the octopot site and followed yours and Paps threads before I bought them. I just felt that I was getting faster growth when I kept the res lower. But Im still pretty new to octopots and still playing around with them. I may be wrong. Maybe Ill try a comparison sometime when I have two of the same clones.

5 Likes

Just a thought Paps, there may be help with your root issue to be found from other growers using different kinds of SIPs. :thinking:

2 Likes

Your Famous now :slight_smile: How is the plant doing?

1 Like

A lot better then she’s been looking better

1 Like

Wow, you really have a nice garden going there, finally looked instead of just plopping stuff in here lol Very interested in your strawberry and the cheese

one.

Made some Chocolate Eclairs 250mg

9 Likes

Looking darn good buddy

2 Likes

Hi bro good to see you around

Wow the gangs all here
Woo hoo

Hopefully we get to see a bigun grow soon

3 Likes