Pest management routines

OK, one more, then you are on your own.

I have a buddy who swears by this system.

https://www.planetnatural.com/product/sns-203-pesticide/

Wow! Sorry that happened. I have never mixed peppermint so strong it burned my eyes and won’t for sure now. Hopefully effected areas drop and everything else grows out. Keep an eye out for hatching eggs and have a way to deal with them.

Thanks for all your help! I’ve been looking more into your and everyone else’s suggestions and as long as I make it through this grow I’ll be much more prepared in the future!

Everyone here is awesome!

2 Likes

yes i think a good IPM (integrated pest management?) is absolutely necessary, it is so much easier to spray weekly and treat plants when they are small/in veg than having to deal with an infestation. ideally i’ll use 2 to 4 different products rotated weekly for my IPM, including fully dunking young plants once or twice probably. thrips was shitty because they don’t need a partner to reproduce and my plants were huge when i discovered the problem. never want to deal with that again.

1 Like

so i have 5 5gallon pots of coco i want to reuse, but pretty sure i got thrips and fungus gnats too. i was thinking about putting the pots outside in freezing cold weather for 4-8 weeks. do you think that will kill any pests and eggs?

2 Likes

Should work, if you can bag it and cut off air for long enough that will kill off anything needing oxygen.

1 Like

Bag it and freeze it. I’m guessing you can’t get neem seed meal/cake huh?

not sure about the eggs. I might freeze, thaw and refreeze to be sure to catch some hatchlings.

2 Likes

i am also going to heavily drench the pots first with insecticide since they are empty.

i’m going to mix up some isopropyl alcohol and water to spray shit right now. should have spinosad in 1-2 days to treat with. just going to spray the small plants and the soil for now as my other plants are 1-2 weeks away from harvest. after that i will sterilize the tent every 3 days for 3 weeks to keep getting any hatchlings.

1 Like

Sounds like you have a plan of attack. If your main concern is thrips, they usually live out there lives in/on the leaves. Fungus gnats, however, will be in the soil.

has any one tried sierra natural products to organic control kill insects?

I had several 11-12ft tall plants this outdoor season. I began watering with neem oil in the first week of rooting, continued for 2 more weeks into the veg cycle. That was overlapped with lactobacilli into the 4 week of flowering. Once a week they received a foliar spray of water/unsulphured blackstrap molasses mix. That took care of any ants. Those plants remained pest free for the rest of their lives. This location is in the hot, rainy and kudzu covered southeastern U.S. jungles.

Starting early with lactobacilli formed a protective barrier of beneficial bacteria that muscled out any chumps that tried to roll up on their turf. Mold was also kept at bay, considering the density of the buds on those plants.