Pheno Hunt - Original Chocolate Diesel + 3 More Diesels!

Those are aero chambers. The method here is syntho/biotic aeroponic. There are spray lines that fire a fine mist at bare roots in the chamber.

Thanks for your interest.

-al

6 Likes

At the chop videos:

APSD:

(111) Alder Point Sour Diesel - At the Chop - YouTube

CTSD:

(111) Chocolate Diesel at the Chop! - YouTube

SSDH:

(111) Super Sour Silver Diesel Haze at the Chop! - YouTube

3 Likes

Always love your threads my friend @als_weed it blows my mind the yield you get from that setup, and it’s unique as well, keep up the great work!

3 Likes

Final Results

Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze

Bud Shot:

Cut Shot:

Bud Shot:

Video Walk Through of SSSDH:

(366) Super Sour Silver Diesel Haze at the Chop! - YouTube

Number 1 has the old timey sweet sativa flavor, but also has the loose feathery buds that nobody wants. Number 2 and 3 have a light fuel profile and simular structure. They all have a buzz, but not worthy enough to overcome their problems.

Number 4 has the brightest fuel notes and the best bud structure of the group. The buzz is fast and to the face. Intensity peaks early and tails out a bit too quick for my taste. I’m not calling it a keeper, but interesting enough to run this one again to see if it fits into our plans for breeding old stock with new.

I did get some seeds that came from our reversed Sherb Cream Pie pollen. Might make a fun cross to look at for sure.

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

-al

5 Likes

Final Results

Alder Point Sour Diesel

Bud Shot:

Cut Shot:

Bud Shot:

Walk Through of APSD:

(366) Alder Point Sour Diesel - At the Chop - YouTube

With 8 girls to look at, I expected to find more interesting terpine profiles from the place with all the awards for just that. There was no fuel to be found with the exception of APSD8, who had a light fuel and honey smell and flavor. She also had the best structure, medium tall branchy with firm buds. All the other girls had some form of the classic loose donkey dick that Sour Diesel is known for.

The buzz comes in warm waves that massage the back of your head and mellows the mood. Not strong enough for keeper status, but worth giving it another look. I did get some seeds from her with reversed Sherb Cream Pie pollen. These might be some of the old and new generational mix up girls I’m looking for.

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-al

5 Likes

Final Results

Chocolate Trip Sour Diesel

CTSD1 Plant Shot:

CTSD1 Cut Shot:

CTSD2 Cut Shot:

Group Nug Shot:

A walk through of the 3 CTSD girls:

(366) Chocolate Diesel at the Chop! - YouTube

CTSD3 was short, green, and loose budded. Having less buzz than her sisters was the straw that took her out of contention right away.

CTSD1 has been the darling of the three all along. Having the tallest structure and dense buds, along with the chocolate color, made her the front runner. The flavor is light fuel with floral and leather sweet notes.

The buzz has a head band effect with warm ears. Conversational and engaging, rather that sedative. I would like more power and duration to declare it a winner, but we will be looking at this one more. You can see that 20 years ago this would have been immediate keeper.

CTSD2 has always been the tagalong sister that was shorter and bushier but still has some of the pretty looks. The flavor is deeper and coats the throat. Once again the fuel is light, but the sweet leather smelling smoke is very satisfying.

The buzz gives you the warm body effects of her sister, but with a touch more power and duration. She would be a keeper if the structure was better, but still certainly worthy of further looks.

Confirmation Grow

I started a confirmation grow about a month behind the main run.

3 Sisters in the Sun:

Video Walk Through

(366) Chocolate Diesel at 66 Days Bloom - YouTube

The confirmation grow results were the same with only incremental improvement. I grew them larger and pruned with knowledge this time. These plants are representative of what good weed looked like 20 years ago. However I don’t see anyone running rooms of them nowadays.

Neither of our 2 girls are worthy of the universal male treatment because they don’t have the full collection of all the traits of the strain. I am happy to report that we got a nice stash of seeds from these girls with reversed Sherb Cream Pie pollen. Certainly worth a look when searching for generational mashups of the best of old and new.

I have sent cuttings for folks growing in other media to grow out. For now I plan to hold 1 & 2 for further research.

I know that many folks are interested in growing these girls out for themselves. I would also like to preserve the genes for the community. So I will be giving cuttings of CTSD1 and CTSD2 away in exchange for your worthy cuts.

If you are interested, PM me for details. I’m looking for folks that post results, have things to trade, in the US, and have a positive reputation in the community. For cuttings; I’m looking for standouts that I can grow in head to head matchups and “taste of the town” adventures here in my forums (GreenRushFarms on ICMag, and als_weed on Overgrow).

I’m uppotting the original girls to bush them out, so it will be a little bit before the boxes fly.

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-al

10 Likes

Moms get More Room

Here’s our original CDSD2 planted as a sprout last October in this 1 quart cup. That’s 7 months ago!

The secret to this ability is the al’s Dirt Plant Delight Tea these girls have sipping all along. As I was uppotting these plants, I thought I would show the mychorrhizal network in action.

Up Close:

The tea provides a huge pool of beneficial bacteria and fungi, along with predigested organics. This keeps dirt plants happy with very small root volumes. To get the recipe, check out the “4 Crosses of Slapz” thread here in the als_weed forum.

The girls are moving into 2 quart containers where they will stay for a year or so.

Also a reminder from earlier:

I know that many folks are interested in growing these girls out for themselves. I would also like to preserve the genes for the community. So I will be giving cuttings of CTSD1 and CTSD2 away in exchange for your worthy cuts.

If you are interested, PM me for details. I’m looking for folks that post results, have things to trade, in the US, and have a positive reputation in the community. For cuttings; I’m looking for standouts that I can grow in head to head matchups and “taste of the town” adventures here in my forums (GreenRushFarms on ICMag, and als_weed on Overgrow).

Thank You for your interest.

-al

13 Likes

I have a pack of usefuls chocolate skunk next round im popping them

7 Likes

Very nice.

Just an FYI for all the Diesel lovers out there. It usually takes 60-90 days of curing (cold is prefered) to bring out the desired terpenes in Diesels. I’m sure there are lots of sativa plants that are similar. I’ve found some pure sativias benefit from 6 months of curing to bring out the best qualities.

7 Likes

Welcome to OverGrow, Diesels are great. :sunglasses: @GoddessHerb

2 Likes

Yo I’m looking for cuts can’t figure out how to dm via android

1 Like

Welcome, I think it takes a while to be able to dm here. Hang around a bit and it will happen.GL

2 Likes

That makes sense. Thank you!

1 Like

I’m looking for a cut please and thank you

never got anything from ya, you had said you were going to root some and send some when the weather cooled. i sent you like 3-4 different cuts of some strains that i was running at the time, how did those turn out for you?

July 12th this happened:

My car caught fire and lit the house on fire. We lost everything except some plants and equipment.

Here is the thread about it:
A Pause Because FIRE! - Overgrow.com

We have been working hard on recovery. Here is what the aero room looks like now:

And a new addition - the dirt room!

Our current thread:

The Pheonix Project - Overgrow.com

I still have a couple of the strains sent to me, and I will grow them out in the spring.

The Choco Diesel cuts did not survive, but I will be ready to send others out next spring to those in my network.

I’ll announce in my forum here when they will be ready.

Thank you all for your understanding.

-al

8 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your loss! That’s a nightmare accident. I’m glad you are alright.

1 Like

I could send you a flip of Double Desiel x Chocolate Desiel if that would help.

4 Likes

wow, so sorry @als_weed i did not mean in any way to come across like that, i did not know and i apologize to you. im glad no one was hurt. i understand now what happened.

@Hashpants that is straight og of you, if your serious send a dm for my address

2 Likes