GM Multi Photo Grow

I have a smorgasbord of strains for this grow. I’m cleaning out the seed stash and putting a big dent in the inventory. Initially I’d planned on all autos for a while but had to change gears. So what better alternative than feminized photos.

I may be asking for trouble with all these different strains but I’m okay with it. By the end of all this I should have a nice stash and can then work some auto seed in. So let’s get this cranked up.

4x8
4x4
Adiding 300w
Szhlux 400w
Adiding 480w
Promix HP Myco
Myco granules
Jacks Classic 20/20/20
Jacks Classic Bloom
Calcium Nitrate
Epsom salt
5gal fabric pots

So what am I growing?
Durban Poison…Growers Choice
2 Cindy99…Growers Choice
G13 Haze… Barneys
2 Sugar Black Rose… Delicious seeds
Critical Kush…Barneys
NL/Skunk…G13 Labs
Tangie…I49 Seed
Afghan Skunk…Expert Seeds

Dispensary Bagseed…
Cornbread

The first 7 photos are all in the 4x8 with one unexpected surprise.

These are all 3-6+ weeks vegged. All are ready for flower except maybe the Afghan Skunk which is 3 weeks. Oh well, I’m pressed for time with a trip planned next month. I want all these ladies to end the stretch before I have to leave for a week. I’m thinking she’ll be just fine. She may not reach the size of the others but should do okay.

Here’s the surprise. What I thought to be a photo purple Haze has come up an automatic. Oh well, she can flower in 12/12 with the others.

A pic of the 4x8 ready to go.

The second part of this grow is a Scrog in the 4x4. 4plants in there. 2 Sugar Black Rose, 1 Tangie, 1 Critical Kush.

New first for me this grow

Jacks Nutrients…I’m throwing all faith into Jack’s for this run. Classic all the way. I’m not checking pH. Just dump, stir, water. I have some Epsom salts and CalMag on standby…lol. A friend sent me enough to last a while so I’m rolling with this. Excited to give it a try but it’s going to be hard to not reach for that meter. Trust in the process I guess. So far my plants have been loving it as they head into flower.

16 Likes

The 4x4 scrog has been flipped into 12/12.

Before I flip into flowering I take a step back and get a good view of the grow space. Then take into mind that most of the plants in there will get at least double or more in height and width. I try to picture in my mind where I want to guide my plants and also invision where secondary growth will end up. I do not top my plants. I have in the past for other grows but with a scrog I do not see any reasoning to do so. With a scrog I’m using the screen to control the plant. There’s no need to remove the top. I use the tops to guide the plant.

As it is in my Scrog tent. The leaves are nearing the screen from below. The smallest one being 10" in height.

Not knowing these strains grow characteristics but knowing all are indica learners I’m going to estimate roughly 30" in total height for each. Which means I have roughly 20+ inches of main stem to maneuver under the screen.

I will be forming a j shape with each main. By the end of week three flowering they should be set and ready to finish. This is another reason I keep the main intact. I use it as a guide for the plants. Of course the secondary branches will go everywhere but I try to keep the main going where I want her to go. With a scrog I’m in control…lol.

My screen and why it’s ridgid. To be fare I’ve never used a net. They are a good tool to spread a canopy but I prefer something solid. The plants growing up from below push a lot of upward pressure on a screen. A net is flexible and gives into the pressure. A sturdy screen will not. I do believe that pressure helps good stress the plant. It’s definitely far from a natural Christmas tree grow so that stress has to be there. Is that the final word on Scrog screens? Absolutely not. It’s simply my preference and what works for me. Perhaps some will take from this and make it work for them. If not I hope at least they try a gill net. Controlling cannabis indoors is important. An overgrown space is a disaster to deal with and will deplete your harvest. Screens and nets are strongly suggested to maximize your efforts.

For those curious about scrogs I’ll cover the daily chores with a scrog. Yeah, it’s a daily thing for a while. If you let to much grow through the screen at one time it can be a chore to get things right. What I mean by right is a flat screen with all vegetation pulled under and spread throughout the underside of the screen. Stems become ridgid fast making it more difficult to maneuver. One really has to stay on top of the growth in the quick stretch. It really can become overwhelming. More later.

15 Likes

Looking good my friend! Looking forward to watching your adventures keep up the great work ! :facepunch:t2:

1 Like

Very detailed here, I love it! I have a lot to learn about setting up a SCROG screen/net so I’m gonna be paying attention to your updates. Looking great so far!

Peace :frog:

1 Like

Good luck with your grow!

1 Like

@Wojak @emeraldbullfrog Thanks y’all.

1 Like

So my mail has been a mess since Christmas. Just started getting mail again yesterday. It was a pile…lol. I find a package with all these awesome beans. A while back I signed up for the veterans giveaway and wow am I glad I did. This gives me some excellent options to grow this fall.

6 Likes

Everything is in flower now. Scrog 3/3, 4x8 3/2

Scrog

I’ve arranged the pots in there so I have a little room to reach the plants in the back. Something to think about when you can’t move them.

I’ve also removed some lower growth to boost some growth up top. I will clean out more after the stretch ends.

Most of the time one lets the plants get into the screen before flipping. With 4 plants under there I know how quickly the growth can overwhelm the screen. So I’ve started them just a lil early. If for some reason the screen is not full by the end that’s fine. A scrog is just a tool to control the plant. However, I’m pretty sure the screen will be full by week 3.

All the fun begins soon. More to come.

3 Likes

The Multi grow is moving into the stretch. They are all nearing 1week and I can see the elongation begining.

Cornbread…the Bagseed from a dispensary purchase is the largest of them all and the only one in the lot that has had her top taken in veg. I’m seeing a lot of nice budsites forming up.

The C99 plants are showing two different plants. One more sativa than the other.

I’ve only topped one. All the others will be trained. I attached the main to a long stake. Move her position every other day. There are a few indica dominant ones that prob won’t get real big so I’ll just manage the secondary branching.

The rouge mystery auto is doing well. Should be done by the end of the month.im curious to see how big she gets. I have no choice but to finish her in 12/12.

4 Likes

:100: right there.
Loved the scrog method but main reason for not currently doing it is like u said. U can’t move em around. I just hand water and that can be a real pain in the ass if access has not been well planned out.
Looks like you’re all over it. :+1:t2:
You have Inspired me to scrog again :joy:

1 Like

I don’t know if I made this up, but I’m running a mini scrog and the first time it went really well. I like being able to move them around because I like to pull them out and inspect them closely every couple of days.

7 Likes

Haha! Thats awesome.

2 Likes

Dream Catcher Scrog…lol. it’s fun to rig your own screen. I’ve seen many variations of what ya posted. All are good. Some moreso than others but hey it is an attempt…lol

1 Like

It’s a great way to grow stretchy sativas.

1 Like

I’m thinking about doing a large scrog in the 4x8 this fall. 3 strains, 6 plants should do fine. Using a 4x4 is nice but you don’t have very good access to screen. With the 4x8 I have access all the way around w doors and windows. It will host all sativa or heavy leaning sativa hybrids. Super Lemon Haze is one candidate. I’ve not found the other two yet.

Today is the end of week 1 for the girls in the big tent. All of them are spitting out hairs now.

This first week of flowering has been busy for the girls. Training has continued with the strains I believe will try to gain some height during the stretch. The G13Haze, Afghan Skunk, and NL Skunk mains will be left alone. I don’t think they will get very tall.

The C99s and the DurbanPoison I expect to get stretchy. So, they get the most aggressive training. The mains are being held back until the other growth catches up. Being secured to the stake I can drive it a little deeper daily. Whatever it takes to hold it back is the goal.

Cornbread…well she’s in a class of her own. Bagseed bastard child of a dispensary buy. Being the only one with the main removed. It has blown up into a nice plant. I’ve got her laid out like a hot breakfast and she’s chugging along.

I’m still feeding them all Jacks Bloom. On some I’m seeing a little tip burn that carried over from veg. I’m hoping the lesser N in the mix in flower will correct as it goes and find a balance. I’ve added some calmag in the mix too. Jacks Classic doesn’t have calcium so it needs a lil boost. Once I’m done with the classic blend I’ll move to the professional blend which does have calcium. Heading into flower they need a lil calcium. Other than that its all been Jack’s. Tap, dump nutes, stir and serve. Stupid simple grow so far.

4 Likes

To expand on the Jack’s. I can’t express how pleased I am so far. I am new to this uncomplicated routine and find it difficult to leave my meter alone but that’s exactly what I’m doing. I feed them all…seedling too 1/4tsp gal. At one point as they got into veg stage I did bounce it up to 1/2tsp and started to see some overfeeding signs again. I continue with the smaller feeding yet still see some overfeeding signs.

So how bout some input here folks. This is an example of what I’m seeing. Of course there’s the lite tip burn at the point of the leaf but there is also dark patches forming along the outer edges of the leaf and you noticed the serrated leaf tips start to curl up slightly. Real noticable in the bottom pic. It’s not temps. They are fine. I think I’m seeing a plant maxed out on nutrients

1 Like

It’s probably nitrogen excess. My plants get that way (worse) more often than not. It should take care of itself if you ease off on the nutes. I read recently that you should let the plant dry out completely between waterings and that helps but I’ve never tried it.

1 Like

Ph is important 5.8 ph everything can be digested better.

That’s what I’m guessing. Ive backed off a little on this plant to see if those curls disappear. No others do it.

1 Like