Pheno Hunt - Original Chocolate Diesel + 3 More Diesels!

The reason I let the males go, is that with 3 female phenotypes available I’ll be able to reverse the very best one, and cross it back to herself for the S1 and to her 2 sisters for femmed F2s.

Course if she’s really good she will get crossed to 20+ of the best strains available. Check any of the “Cross” threads in the als_weed forum to get an idea of how that works.

Thank you for your interest.

-al

4 Likes

Hell yeah! Watching this. I just chopped a couple Chocolate Diesel crosses I made. Still hanging up drying. Love CD!!!

3 Likes

Day 7 Bloom Update

Unit:

Lots of happy plants and new lush growth.

Data:

The plants have started to eat regularly. We have had a couple early pH adjustments, but are keeping in a stable zone. The lights have been cranked to full power and this diesel train has left the station!

Side:

The APSD are wide leaved, deep green, and leathery.

CTSD Row:

A lot of growth for 7 days. They have put on 2 sets of leaves and look ready to rock!

SSDH Row:

I’ve started pinching these tall girls already. They grew over a foot in their first week.

I’m very happy with the direction of this grow. No runts and pretty even growth across the strains. No transplant shock, they just hit the room running.

As always. Your comments and questions are welcome.

-al

14 Likes

This is exceptional! So glad I found this and stoked you are doing it, I too have some SERIOUS gems that need to be gotten to in the near future, love seeing stuff like this, the real important work being done with the real gems rarely seen anymore. Much respect @als_weed

9 Likes

That PPP and the sister to Airborne G-13 both caught my eye HUGE! Heard so much about PPP, was told it was gone, very nice!!and airborne well…. Speaks for itself absolutely unreal meds! Looking forward to your work my friend, very much so

4 Likes

Really nice work. I like your style.

2 Likes

Is that a Dannyboy Bx at the bottom of that seed picture, in post #3 as in Subcool’s highly sought after Dannyboy? @als_weed

1 Like

Yes indeed. I have a subcool retrospective collection. Conquistador, Sputnik+ dozen more. Most were good but needed more. Dam good for the day.

I’m thinking of starting a relic hunt thread and figure out who to pop and some techs to crack them.

Fun to pull out some seeds for sure.

Thank you for your interest.

-al

5 Likes

I read your multiple clones pollination, so I understand what your thinking with that.
My thought is by not making f2 the line is only available in a cross not pure. Different goals

2 Likes

Well if you ever feel up to it, you should F2 any of your old Subcool lines like Dannyboy and Sputnik and similar stuff as they are not common, as no one has them that I’ve ever met so far both here on OG and RIU and many would love to trade/give you multiple strains for those I’m sure.

I have only read about those strains in Subcool’s books, but never smoked or had seeds of Dannyboy or Sputnik but I’ve heard others tell me they both were amazing in their own right.

I have many Subcool strains, but most are a bit later than those, I have JTR, Querkle, 3rd Dimension, Vortex, Jacks Cleaner 2, Jillybean, Agent Orange, Qush, Ripped Bubba, etc.

Awesome to see anyone still hold onto those !

Love your work, and your threads are all very interesting and detailed! @als_weed

6 Likes

Ok, I have to admit, this thread is so cool, I did the speed reading thing and will have to come back to savor it slowly. I’m making dinner right now and I’m starving, lol. I’m so interested in that Choco diesel! Thanks for such an awesome thread! peace

Oh, and with a name like Al, it’s gotta be good! :wink: (Gman- Al)

8 Likes

You all gonna make me blush!

Seriously tho, thank you all for your kind words.

If you enjoy this thread, stop by (als_weed - Overgrow.com) my forum and checkout my other threads.

Slide back to the late 90’s as we pheno hunt 3 Bros. Grimm Strains.

Watch as we reverse the latest and greatest, then pollinate 20+ top strains in the “cross” threads.

And if you really want detail about my methods and recipes, check out the pheno hunt “4 Crosses of Slapz” thread and watch a full hunt from seed to bud.

Thank you all for your attention.

-al

11 Likes

Day 14 Bloom Update

Unit:

Everyone is looking happy and well advanced for14 days bloom. As expected, the SSDH has far outpaced the field, doubling in height already!

Data:

A lot has happened as the plants have continued to eat regularly. I did swap a couple APSDs positions to even the canopy a bit, notated on the cover sheet. Shoot pruning, selective fan removal, and trellis tie ups have started as we wrestle with trying to control this group.

Side:

Nice thick structure, healthy leaves, and the results of shoot pruning, show in this shot.

Canopy:

Pretty even canopy with the exception of the SSDHs. Shoot pruning helps keep the plants columnar, giving every individual adequate footprint space.

SSDH Row:

Growing like, well, weed! I’m pinching stems every day, but still think these will hit the light. I’ll put another level of trellis in, and strap them down like grape vines if needed.

CTSD Row:

Our center row girls are lush and showing some variation in height.

APSD:

Just lovely looking plants. Wide, vibrant green, waxy leaves and vigorous growth show this strains pedigree. By the looks of it, this was somebody’s long term project.

The next week is filled with explosive growth and the first res change. Let’s see if SSDH will try to double up again.

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-al

14 Likes

Love the update. Ladies are loving life

1 Like

Walk through at 14 days bloom.

(42) 14 Days Bloom - Old Tyme Sour Diesel Crosses - YouTube

1 Like

Wowza! Beautiful thread and documentation @als_weed !!! Greenrush Farms- great peeps!

*Subscribed!

☆DJSF

3 Likes

Impressive bud. I have a couple aficionado packs sangria, sorbetto and truffles I was curious if you would be interested in doing a pollen swap? I’m probably going to be running a pack or 2 soon. Thanks and definitely beautiful plants :v::pray:

2 Likes

maphial chocolate diesel were also the ones i made into f2 for derg corra.
those were some really nice plants, and i reckognize them in your grow :slight_smile:
verrry nice smoke for sure, mate … enjoy those wonderful greens *njom *

12 Likes

Plants look great! I ran some of Useful’s Chocolate Diesel F3, IDK if they are related but they were some pretty good plants. :+1:

4 Likes

Day 21 Bloom Update

Unit:

Welcome to the jungle! Here we are at max stretch. Pinching and picking every day to shape the explosive growth.

Data:

They have been eating steadily and are ready for their first res change. We have a slight tip burn on some, while a couple are showing signs of hunger. This is the result of our compromise nutes for all these different plants.

Side:

SSDH:

Already getting close to the top, these rangy ladies are starting to spread out.

CTSD:

Our 3 girls are showing their individual personalities with varied heights and flower formation.

APSD:

Pretty plants that look quite consistent.

Canopy:

Res change is soon and a PK shift is on the way. I’m happy with their current development, and they seem content with my care.

More trellis work and training is coming as we finish out stretch soon.

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

-al

21 Likes