Pheno Hunt - Original Chocolate Diesel + 3 More Diesels!

Very nice grow.

1 Like

Can’t believe I missed this old-seed expert level grow but I finally sniffed it out :wolf:

Niiice!

3 Likes

Pulling up a seat for this one. Sssdh is one of the strains I ran my last grow. Such a special strain. The shire cut is to this day some of the best flower I’ve ever had. Everything looks awesome @als_weed

3 Likes

Day 28 Walk Through - Come See The Girls!

(8) Old Tyme Diesel Crosses-28 Days Bloom - YouTube

2 Likes

Fantastic thread! Gave you all the likes I had. Have to follow along

3 Likes

Looking great @als_weed :+1::grinning:
They really shaped up nicely the past week :hourglass_flowing_sand:
Looking forward to seeing how they finish for you.

3 Likes

Day 28 Bloom Update

Unit:

The stretch is slowing as the buds emerge faster. I going to break out another level of trellis for the SSDH as it gets close to the light.

Data:

After the res change, the plants have been eating heavily. They continue to get foliar sprays and are close to getting their first PK boost.

Side:

SSDH:

Most of these are into the light and will need to go horizontal on the trellis.

CTSD:

Looking lush, all three have well developed flower rushes.

APSD Pheno 1:

One of our taller girls, looking exotic.

APSD Pheno 2:

Some of the shorter phenos, with dark wide leathery leaves.

Everyone is doing well as we approach the midpoint of this grow.

Be sure to check out the walk through on YouTube posted above for an up close look at these in the lab.

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

-al

17 Likes

@als_weed Man, like the others have said, I’m so happy to have come across your post! Sorry I missed so much of it as it happened! It’s been a real pleasure to see how you have formatted this thread to be such a great teaching tool! Being ‘new’ in exposure to your work, I’m wondering if you ever produce seed for sale, or only clones? I’m waaaay too far away for clones to make it, but waaay too impressed to give up! :rofl: Thanks for all you do and best of luck in your endeavors!

:call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Thank you all so much for your comments and questions!. Makes the effort put into the threads worthwhile when the community appreciates the work.

For those that may not know:

I am a full sponsor of Overgrow, and currently the only one with our own forum here: (als_weed - Overgrow.com )

This is where all of my projects can be found including:
Reversal crosses of great plants to dozens of the top strains.
Phenotype hunts of the results of those crosses.
Relic hunts where I grow out super rare old seeds.
All my recipes and techs.

As to my relationship with Green Rush Farms.

Last year I was chatting with my favorite clone provider, and we came to the same realization - we would be perfect partners.

They are Michigan’s largest and most respected clone company with 2 facilities and a world class library of genetics. They handle clone production, sales, and support.

I do the work I love: Creating new varieties and finding keepers in both old and new strains. Sharing my knowledge with all of you as I discover new combinations and techs.

Most of the strains I work with, along with identified winners of our hunts, are available on GreenRushFarms.net.

Seeds from the crosses will also be available this spring if you want to find your own keeper.

Thank you all once again for your attention and communication.

-al

11 Likes

Day 35 Bloom

Unit:

Data:

The plants got their first PK boost along with a res change. They have been eating steadily and continue to get foliar sprays on their bottom leaves. We have a hint of tip burn, showing we are pushing them just enough.

Side:

I have been taking leaves out of the intermediate bud zone to make sure the buds are not overly shaded.

SSDH:

I put another level of trellis up and am bending the tops over. I’ll just strap them down like grape vines from here on out.

CTSD:

I’m loving the look of CTSD1. She’s stacking bud and has an oddly acrid sweet perfume right now.

APSD:

Thumb sized buds in tight rosettes across everyone. Lower leaves have a slight fade going.

Corner:

This shot gives you some perspective to see how the plants fill the space.

Half way through the bloom and I would say we have good representatives of every individual.

Heavy bloom starts now and we will shift the nutes to the PK side, while also encouraging terp and oil production with more organics.

As always, your comments and questions are always welcome.

-al

11 Likes

Day 42 Bloom Update

Unit:

Data:

After the second res change, the plants were fed regularly with 2 additional PK boosts.

Side:

SSDH:

We have a nice spikey pheno and a couple medium branchy ones. The very tops are growing sideways, but there are several side branches that will show us some nice upright buds.

CTSD:

CTSD1 keeps drawing my eye. She’s the tallest and frostiest so far of the three.

APSD:

They definitely look like sisters, even though there is plenty of variation to choose from.

Old n New:

Here’s a shot that shows an old time weed in contrast to a modern cookies variant. Animal Tree (Lemon Tree x Animal Mints) glistens in the foreground, while our spear pheno SSDH towers in the background.

This is what the market has wrought. Lot more visual appeal, but something in the buzz has been lost in all the cookies and cake.

That’s why I’m looking back at older genes for candidates to cross to all the newest strains.

This run is only the start of my Relic Hunt!

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-al

14 Likes

Day 49 Bloom Update

Unit:

Buds are getting fat, while trichome formation is getting to the velvety sheen stage.

Data:

The plants are eating less and got an additional PK boost. They are still getting al’s Super Feed N Kill Foliar Spray on the lower leaves.

SSDH:

Finally the stretch is done.

CTSD:

The short CTSD3 is looking extra leafy, while her sisters have better bud density.

APSD:

We have some fuel terps coming in.

Other Side:

Some very nice plants.

CTSD 1:

I’m liking the structure of this one!

I’ll be upping the biotics and adding terps to help preserve those produced by the plants as we get closer to the finish.

-al

16 Likes

Love the detail and the goals of getting older genetics into the gene pool again. I learn a lot from your posts!

1 Like

A walk through at 63 days bloom.

4 Likes

Day 63 Bloom Update

Unit:

Just a little bit of jungle!

Data:

We had one more boost before the res was halved and terps were added to help preserve our flavors and aromas.

Side:

SSDH 1,2 &3:

SSDH1 has sweet spears, while 2 & 3 are more branchy with fuel overtones.

SSDH 4:

This branchy one has purped with sweet fuel smell.

CTSD Row:

We ended up with 3 distinct phenos.

CTSD1:

I really like this one. Sticky to the touch, nice trichs, taller structure, and funky fuel stank.

CTSD2:

Mid sized and finishing with pretty colors, she’s sticky with firm floral fuel buds.

CTSD3:

This shorter plant has the old school leafy diesel buds. It has the worst structure and the best complex smell.

APSD Group:

We have everything from short donkey dicks to medium tall branchy plants. Colors and smells vary from vibrant green white wine aroma to dark purple gas.

APSD5:

I like this medium height branchy plant that purps.

This taller chunkier version has less color, but more fuel.

Old & New:

One more comparison shot of modern versus old school buds.

Here’s a walk through for more information:

(94) Old Tyme Diesel Crosses at 63 days Bloom - YouTube

This is probably the last update until the chop reports are filed. I’ll start cutting in a few days, so expect to see final results in a couple weeks.

It’s been fun, but now is when we find out if the effort will be rewarded with new keepers and breeders!

-al

17 Likes

Great looking plants for small containers.

1 Like

Yes for small containers those plants are huge, and with big buds. Something to be proud about!

4 Likes

Those are aero chambers. The method here is syntho/biotic aeroponic. There are spray lines that fire a fine mist at bare roots in the chamber.

Thanks for your interest.

-al

6 Likes

At the chop videos:

APSD:

(111) Alder Point Sour Diesel - At the Chop - YouTube

CTSD:

(111) Chocolate Diesel at the Chop! - YouTube

SSDH:

(111) Super Sour Silver Diesel Haze at the Chop! - YouTube

3 Likes

Always love your threads my friend @als_weed it blows my mind the yield you get from that setup, and it’s unique as well, keep up the great work!

3 Likes