Planned server downtime (we are up again!) šŸŸ¢

During next week (probably on Wednesday, June 1st 2022) Iā€™ll be transferring our bare metal to a new data center. Overgrow.com will be offline for a few hours. In some cases, it can be even longer because of cached DNS records. Iā€™ll try to keep the downtime to a minimum.

Iā€™ll provide more details about the exact time once this information is available.

UPDATE: Expected outage between 2022-06-01T09:00:00Z ā†’ 2022-06-01T14:00:00Z

80 Likes

I will do my best to contain my withdrawals, thanks Joe. Donā€™t forget Discord all you Overgrow addicts :slight_smile:

24 Likes

Nooooooā€¦

Problem. Iā€™m sure I can do something constructive with my time.

5 Likes

I better not lose my ā€œdays visitedā€ streak! I want that 365 badge!!! :sweat_smile:

31 Likes

Thanks @LemonadeJoe for all your hard work and love! :hugs:

6 Likes

Iā€™m already all itchy haha.
I should plan some superfluous tasks now :+1:

5 Likes

Wow, still running bare metal in a datacenter?!?! AWS hosted instance costs -are- pretty darn excessive once all the ancillary services are added in. Thanks for the headsā€™up!

1 Like

@LemonadeJoe if you set the TTLā€™s on your DNS entries to one minute, a day before the change, the dns will propagate within 3 minutes! ā€¦3 levels of propagation with a max of one minute ttl each. For sure donā€™t have it set to 24 hours :sweat_smile: That could take 3 days to propagate globally. After the change the TTL can be increased back to whatever you keep it at

10 Likes

I will binge all day all night tuesday. Go to sleep wed, wake up thurs and never notice a thing!!! Thats my planšŸ˜‰

11 Likes

I am in europe so, not much I can do but if you need any help, speak outā€¦

Good luck and thank you LemonadeJoe for all the deddication.

3 Likes

Sure! TTLs will be shortened to 5 minutes (thatā€™s the minimum I believe).

10 Likes

Lol yo are u making it so u can post more then a 1000kb @ a time ? I finally upgraded my camera and im currently jumping thru hoops to post pics lol. I took a pic it was @ 13.00 mb I cropped it down to 1.20 mb and it still wonā€™t post lol. Any further cropped and it would be impossible to see anything. I know thereā€™s a few more wondering as well.
Cheers

5 Likes

I think you got to tweak your camera bud. I post pics all the time and you can get tons of detail out of a 1MB pic. As am example here is a 282kb pic.

If I zoom in I get this.

If I can get an image of individual trichomes on a 282kb pic, less than a 3rd the available size, than I am sure you can get your camera to provide all the detail you need within 1000kb file.

13 Likes

got it make the photos worse lol
Thanks
Cheers

3 Likes

LOL, well I would not have put it like that exactly but yes, I suppose so. Pretty sure if you play with it a bit you will get all the detail you need within the required size limit.

5 Likes

yeah Iā€™m just upset I got a new cam lol an instead of upgrading to1480p we finna get 480p still lol
I suppose I can use my old one still itā€™s just dookie lol. Thanks for saying something
Cheers

My guess is that you havenā€™t exceeded the allowed file size, but the number of megapixels.

10 Likes

I feel you brother! Whatā€™s the thread on discord? Iā€™ve recently signed up on discord but I canā€™t figure out how to bloody use it :rofl:

1 Like

Here is a link to the Discord thread bud.

7 Likes