Planned server migration 02/01/2021 - COMPLETED

I’m currently finishing the thorough preparation for the Overgrow server migration to bigger, faster and smashing server hardware. It took about a week of tuning the hardware and installing at the colocation centre with all the bells and whistles and the bare metal is practically ready (and smoking fast!). I’m now working on testing various scenarios for the software upgrade.

I’ll try to keep the downtime on minimum but it will take at least few hours (hopefully not more).

I’m announcing this in advance however I don’t know the exact time yet. This will depend on how smoothly the test will pass. Hopefully I will announce the down time at least 24 hours in advance. Please take this into account if you have unfinished business in PMs…

Thanks for your support!
:crossed_fingers:

Update

Planned downtime will start 2021-02-01T08:00:00Z. The site will be either read-only or inaccessible for few hours.

101 Likes

Best of success on the anticipated transition. @LemonadeJoe, your tireless efforts are, indeed, noteworthy. To all that were instrumental in the acquisition of the upgraded equipment, KUDOS to you!!! Do SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

22 Likes

Fasten your seatbelts, speed is coming cool1|nullxnull, it will be a great improvement, thanks for your efforts … Arriba|nullxnull

18 Likes

do not forget that pack of playing cards for solitaire while you wait :wink:

14 Likes

Thanks for all your hard work to make this community what it is.

7 Likes

I’m excited. No more heavy load warnings…

I’d love to see an app version of overgrow at some point, instead of only being able to access it via browser.

9 Likes

I have it on Android @sct2020 not sure about apple products

4 Likes

What? Let me look again. I’m on a galaxy s9

I’m not seeing it in the play store… do you have a link?

I did it almost a year ago and dont remember exactly what I did… I just went thru browser and tapped the OG icon at the top right and it opened in my app

7 Likes

Right next to the refresh button

1 Like

It worked! Thanks!

5 Likes

I havent figured out notifications yet, or if it’s even possible… but glad to help

4 Likes

Here’s to wishing you much success in the migration! and thank you to everyone that has had a hand in the upgrade. Excellent work!

5 Likes

awesome news @LemonadeJoe - we are all looking forward to the new upgrades

4 Likes

@LemonadeJoe thank you for all the work you do to keep the place running smoothly!

4 Likes

Awesome news. Thanks a lot for your work! :seedling::seedling::seedling:

1 Like

There is a way to change but I can’t remember where I saw it.

1 Like

Thank you @LemonadeJoe for all your time and service!!! I have no idea how much you do but I want to take a moment to say I appreciate being able to be a part of the community here and I know that what you do has allowed me to become a better grower and Mr. Lemonade Joe I appreciate you!! Blessings

2 Likes