SSL certificate re-issued

Sorry for the downtime in past hours. I forgot to reissue SSL certificate on time… :confused: (I’m currently busy with moving to another flat)…

Because of expired SSL certificate, some browsers prevented you from visiting the site.

Thanks to those who pinged me by email!

94 Likes

I thought I had an IP ban :joy: glad it’s all back up and running and good luck with the move to your new flat bro

13 Likes

Honestly wasn’t sure what to do but hope and wait. Glad it’s back!

6 Likes

When a site is down for a long time, I use this site to check if its me, a network issue, or the site:

Is It Down Right Now? Website Down or Not?

All day yesterday it said it was “Down for all users”. Thats usually the site, and not me (ie browser issue, I checked with edge and chrome, and on my android phone as well) and not the network.

All good now though…

Good luck with the move. I’m planning one myself, and that shits no fun!

12 Likes

I was also rather surprised to find that the site wasn’t actually down; it showed up in all my browsers as down, until I tried my phone. Still not sure how I actually connected, maybe my phone has a different version of Chrome that actually let me choose how to handle a missing security certificate rather than automatically choosing for me so that I don’t accidentally make a decision, a thing which is well-known by our corporate overlords to be extremely dangerous. Anyway, once I knew what was going on it was easy enough, but at some point the browser companies all got together and made the choice for us to never let us make dangerous choices again. What else is new?

7 Likes

Curious if I wasn’t able to log in the past little over a day did it reset my days visited was almost halfway to a whole year of logging in every day wanted that badge for the whole year :joy: @LemonadeJoe

11 Likes

I’m more surprised to find that the site I was using to check if it was down, said it was down for all users, and clearly some users with cleared caches, etc, managed to get on. Kinda makes that site useless now… Oh well…

3 Likes

Also curious. I was on day 347!??

6 Likes

It brings a tear :crying_cat_face:, and I feel the same

4 Likes

Condolences on missing the Cert renewal @LemonadeJoe!

I did the same thing when I was managing an active financial newsletter website and caught holy hell from my client. :hot_face:

Thanks for all you do to keep OG alive and healthy!

-Grouchy

6 Likes

Me too dude! Almost 200 days :neutral_face: congratulations on the little one! @LemonadeJoe :+1:

6 Likes

I’m sure we can find a way to grant Devotee badge properly. At least I can award the badge manually. Please post here or PM me!

15 Likes

The only thing additive about cannabis is growing….the only withdrawal you get is not being able to get on overgrow

4 Likes

Ohhhh happy day! @LemonadeJoe I was worried someone took your yellow hat with the SSL certification inside… :sunglasses: enjoy your new flat.

5 Likes

Huzzah! Thanks for getting that squared away Joe, I was definitely sweatin it until I tried a different browser that let me ignore the expired cert. :+1:
I imagine a lot of people had flashbacks to when the site disappeared back in the day :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Oh thank you, I was worries
Something was wrong on my end

3 Likes

I’ll be collecting some email addys right away. I had @Calyxander’s phone # but never put it into the phone.

It was down on both Safari and Chrome for me. I noticed that a few people were still posting from my emails and luckily, as I was reading the emails, I noticed someone had posted a discord link and finally was able to log onto it and read that the certificate was the issue. That was only last night, so I was glad to see the site back up this morning.

I’ll reach out to collect a few emails and/or phone #'s in the coming days. Thanks @LemonadeJoe!!

3 Likes

:artificial_satellite:

We need to launch a space satellite & renew the paperwork for a century in advance :joy:

When OG isn’t up it’s as if the sun disappeared :sob:

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Just cleared my devotee badge a few days ago! Good timing :sweat_smile:

2 Likes