Plasma lights?

Curious if you have some info on this? Doesn’t seem possible imo.

It’s entirely possible, though it would still need to be proven of course.

From my experience in the stage lighting world, plasma arcs were a flash in the pan. Now that we have better LEDs no one really wants to fuck with the hot as fuck arc lamps. Even tungsten lamps are preferred, because they are at least cheap. But the sun? It’s plasma. If you replicated the atmosphere of the sun, which is largely hydrogen I believe, I believe it should give the same light.

1 Like

I don’t know anything about mars hydro LED lights-

But I’m thinking you’ll do better with it, than you would with a plasma light…

1 Like

I think I’m going to buy this guy with my taxes

I love my ts1000’s

1 Like

I looked at the FC series definitely a step up. :point_up_2:

1 Like

In a small area like mine, 4x4, the panel style is plenty of coverage in a tent.

1 Like

I want to harness the sun!:sun_with_face: the power!

1 Like

I’m in a 4x8, I have a 315 cmh that covers half perfectly. And 2 ts1000’s for the other half. Im thinking get the fc3000 to replace them in the big tent, and get a 3x5 for mothers and vegging, to use the 2 smaller leds in

2 Likes

I just made the switch from hps. How long have you run the ts1000?

3 completed grows. Keep them at least 18" up for proper dispersion of light. I literally have mine mounted as high as I can in my 80" tent and let them grow up to it now. I noticed in multiple commercial grow videos and pictures that they kept their leds higher than most of us do, and I got better results when I emulated them. For 2 grows I had them on a light mover at about 12" above canopy and they did really well too, but they only spent 33% of the time directly above the tops. Before I added the mover that close showed lots of light stress and some bleaching and whithering. Even on the mover, switching to 18" did better.

2 Likes

I’m adding a 3 x 2 mostly for breeding and I got to get a light for that.

1 Like

1 ts1000 will cover it perfectly.

1 Like

I have noticed that too- lights seem to be set where you expect them to grow too. But most of us are not growing that volume, and it’s more advantageous for some to take the time to constantly move the lights for real min/maxing.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking or the sp150

1 Like

The FC3000 is the light I have. I love it. No issues.

1 Like

Contriving a means by which to use the glorious and cheap sun seems to be a better path to producing spectacular flowers than spending 6 grand on a light which purports to be like the sun.

4 Likes

Take your logic and common sense away from here @Calyxander :wink:

2 Likes

cost prohibitive

How about using an automotive xenon bulb? Isn’t the arc a plasma discharge too? At least it is quite a bit cheaper than 6k :wink:

In fact…

I posted this in February 2020. Watch it for at least a minute or 2…

Damn it! I’m trying to embed the video, but it’s not working. Edit…Thanks @Calyxander!

1 Like