Proper PH and hard water

I have to admit, I looked up muskeg!! Thanks for answering. Learn something new everyday.

1 Like

Make sure your check ph after you mix you fertilizer it will change
I keep mine between 5.5 and 6.5
No issues
Also my water has a ppm of 180 I just make sure when I feed that my ppm stays between400 to 500
In early Stage then increase according to the feeding schedule

1 Like

When I first started dwc/swc I used to chase that perfect ph/ppms. Finally, I got so frustrated I just decided to ditch the meters and just grew with Chicago water right outa the tap and it has worked out for all these yearsā€¦I live in a small rural town of 700 now and I just import Chicago tap water everytime I go into the cityā€¦the tap water in the small town I live in now sucks.

1 Like

If the ph is high in the water, would a low ph soil balance it out? Or apply some aluminum sulfate every so many waterings or so??

1 Like

I think I would rather use pH down in the water than the aluminum sulphate in the soil. Cannabis is a good bio-accumulator so Iā€™d be concerned that it will add that aluminum to the plant material and Iā€™d end up smoking it. Also hard to fix things if you add too much.

Iā€™ve been buying RO water for the last 20 years for drinking and using for my plants but a few months ago bought all the parts to build my own unit to filter my dugout water. Now I just have to take the time to put it all together and make my own RO water.

If you have town water then a cheap RO unit will do the trick and often on sale for around $100. Cost me that much for a UV sterilizer unit as my tap water from the dugout is not fit to drink.

:peace:

I have very hard water here as well.

I have a rain barrel from the city and collect rainwater.

my plants are much healthier and happier since I switched.

Best bet is an ro filter. You can get a 50gal/day one for $60 on Amazon, great for smaller-mid sized grows, they have bigger ones with pumps built in to speed things up but they run $300+

My tap water is 0.34 on the ppm meter lol,you put cal mag into the water to raise it,some one told me I donā€™t know if this is true the water ppm should be at lest 200ppm

Thereā€™s something going on with my plants at the minute their misssing something Iā€™m trying to track down,seems their eating their own leaves

Iā€™m trying now to stress about it,since I was in hospital with my heart already this week lol