Fuked up again

I just can’t seem to get my head out of my ass. This year has been a rolling bitch at work and I’m fucking things up in the grow room left and right…besides that my phone’s decided not to allow me to take photos
Oh well. I was making great plans to flip a Romulan grapefruit female to male and pollenate a couple of the other phenos. That didn’t work and I’m comforted by the fact I have one more clone of them original Romulan grapefruit and can revegge it right and try again
But just as I have her popping new smooth leaves out of them old buds I go off the rails and put the LED on her. That has never worked for me and I always revegg in the CFLs with rain water
Well now I’m out of rain water and the LEDs look like they burned the shit out of her…anyway she has stalled out and is not making new leaves
To top it off I fed her full nutrients which I never do with a revegg! God damnit.
I turned the damn LEDs off and put her back under CFLs but two days later she still isn’t responding
I did a foliar spray with plain water (well water)
I hope she makes it

Well I did this with a modern strain so I can learn to make fem seeds before diving into the rare or precious genetics. At least I’d dint fuk up anything that can’t be replaced.

9 Likes

Best thing I can tell you is to relax. Worlds not gonna end. We all make mistakes from the 30 year vet to the 1st grow rookie. Relax and don’t put so much pressure on yourself

8 Likes

Sounds like you knew what NOT to do, and did it anyways :laughing: Were you that little kid whose mother told him a hundred times to not touch the hot stove, and you touched it 100 times anyways?!

LOL…well, I hope your plant bounces back for you…

Not all well water is good water. The pH can be extremely low (like mine), and if you have copper pipes that the water went through, then that low pH water will leach the copper into the water. If you let your well water sit in a container for a while and see a film settle on top, that’s from your pipes, and is not good for you, your plants, your clothes, the inside of your toilet, etc. There might be other issues with well water, like sulfur and/or hydrogen sulfide, etc. For young or vulnerable plants, it’s always good to have RO or distilled water on hand.

Again - good luck with your abuse victim…er, I mean, Romulan grapefruit :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I think my well is not too bad. It’s high calcium tho and I usually use it but …when feeding these new mom’s I cut it with rain water. And cut the nutrients and the lighting back…

1 Like

@mistergrafik I have check the ph several times but haven’t found any place to test for minerals

It runs consistently about 6.8 and if I switch to rain water I almost always see a calcium deficiency in the plants that were accustomed to well water.

Im out of likes my bro ~

So you’re re-vegging her…

What medium are they in?

1 Like

I use new Happy frog soil for my indoor plants

And I use mega crop and test PPMs. Usually have about ,330 ppm in my well water
Adding mega crop gradually from veg to bloom starting around 600 then up to 850 or 900 in early bloom. In the last couple week’s I run a calmag and big bloom alternately to get the smells then flush once with rain before cutting them down

1 Like

@Purple-N-Hairy I am one of those guys who never does anything the same way twice. I work with autistic kids and I took the test…I’m about as far from being autistic as I can be. I can’t seem to form a habit to save my life, crave excitement and controversy and need to have shit running backwards all the time to feel normal
:wink:

1 Like

Wow - that seems very high! Not all PPM’s are the same. Most states have water testing labs that can tell you exactly what you have. Might be worth it to find yours and send them a sample.

BTW - I also use GLN’s Mega Crop, but I use their 2 part formula + their Bud Explosion in my hydro (ebb and flow) grows. I use RO water, though, and supplement that with CalMag Plus. My plants seem to like it…

6 Likes

Very nice. I have the old mega crop and was happy with it. I hope I can find someone to test my water. I checked with a local plumbing shop and they suggest the “city” but I live thirty miles in the boonies.
I am recycling my soil with lots of amendments and have a worm farm going, lots of horse and rabbit manure and a plan to build a big compost pile this summer. The recycle soil will be for out side or in the green house. I learned the hard way to use new soil indoors

1 Like

You got a Culligan they test for free.

2 Likes

My well tests at 550 ppm’s, mostly calcium, nothing harsh, just high, with a great PH at 7.1.
I installed a ozone water purifying unit, after I installed a WH/cartridge filter, coming out of the well house. They knocked the PPM’s down to around 200-250.

I vaporized a couple of just rooted clones, when I first got my tiny HLG 65-V2 being so small, I lower it down a few inches from the top of some fresh rooted clones. Now I keep it way up, and it’s the best (veg) light source I’ve used in 20 years.

I had to keep notes hanging around on my various tents at times, as my head, would not, could not, keep all the details properly, to help fly my whacky perpetual set up, mostly with timing, so each of the steps have it’s part ready for the next, if that makes any sense at all.

3 Likes

Hmmm I have always had this issue with this film. I have copper pipes. But my ph is 7.5-8.5. Is it leaching something else. My new “pipes” are the plastics/rubber type. Should I replace my pipes with all new stuff before starting to grow?

2 Likes

Probably isn’t your pipes. Our tap water out here can get up to like 8.3 at points. You’re probably going to want to look into balancing your water. I alternate between phosphoric acid and citric acid for mine, so that way I’m not always pumping tons phosphorous into my soil, but also not letting that alkalinity build up either.

2 Likes

@webeblzr
That’s a good idea
As I said my mind has been in a bad place lately with so much going on…I was trying to revg a mom and grow some seedlings and flip a plant to make pollenate some others and make clones and…

1 Like

If you have municipal water, it’s possible that you’re getting other contaminants in your water from the countless miles of pipes that the water goes through before getting to your home. Nothing from your copper pipes will leach into the water with a pH that high. Do you get a stain at the water line in your toilets? If so, what color is it?

Although I would be concerned about whatever was causing the film in your water, changing your pipes is going to be very expensive, and it might not solve your problem if it’s coming from outside of your home. It’s a lot cheaper to get an RO system. That’s what I use, as do a lot of growers. It’s relatively inexpensive to acquire, reasonably simple to set up and not a big hassle to maintain.