Pure sativa strains

I’m looking for recommendations for pure sativa strains. Now days most sativa strains advertised by breeders are 90% or 95% hybrids. So far I’ve tried only once, Eva Seeds High Level, really good stuff. Any other any of you can recommend?

1 Like

I’d suggest looking at Ace’s or cannabiogen’s catalog. They have a good selection of 100% sativa’s and pure sativa hybrids.

5 Likes

Hey @lefthandseeds. I’m preparing for the Texas Summer and I want to try some gens that can take the heat for future breeding of heat tolerance in some hybrids. Your thoughts my friend?

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Durban Poison is pure sitiva.

Are you in dry or humid Texas?

I recently got interested in a Nigerian Landrace that Derg has preserved from Afropips stock. It’s been adapted to the Dutch climate and finishes in 70 days.

I have some sativa hybrids I could send your way if you’re interested in them. Mine are Acapulco Gold crossed to a CBD polyhybrid called TenderHeart. I’d guess it’s about a 80% sativa. The ones I’ve grown have had huge airy buds. Definitely in need of trellising. I also have some downstream hybrids from that cross I could give you, but they’re all a little less sativa than that. And I have some seeds from Lesotho if you’re interested in those.

I think it depends a lot on how they were bred. If you want to grow a pure landrace, then a lot of stuff from Ace/CBG will be 6-7 generations grown out of it’s native climate. But also, they’re located in Spain and might have already adapted to a similar climate to Texas. :+1::+1:

5 Likes

+1 for Ace Seeds.
Currently growing both Malawi and Golden Tiger from them and they are easy beautiful plants.
https://overgrow.com/t/wtf-grow-the-malawi-tiger-got-an-anestesic-bomb/

They have some sativa x sativa crosses and also sometimes pure little worked special editions.

4 Likes

Thank you brother. Your generosity is remarkable. I gather from your post that Sativas are going to be the most heat tolerant which makes sense. I don’t know anything about the strains mentioned but my focus will be on Sativas. I need several strains in the same tent to monitor heat/humid etc. and see who can take it. It can get 90 inside the tents in summer. Any Sativa crosses or whatever you think would be greatly appreciated. Should be interesting. I have some very good Mexican Sativas to put in the mix as well. Thanks for your help. Love and Gratitude

Do you have my info already?

2 Likes

I think especially in humid areas, sativas typically have better resistance to mold and rot. Specifically the dense bud structure of indicas can hold in a lot of moisture that eventually causes problems. Also narrower leaves helps the air circulate better around the buds.

67% humidity probably isn’t too bad. Pretty high still but not as bad as some more tropical areas where super narrow leaf varieties grow. You might find some success with sativa leaning hybrids, but my experience is mostly in 40% humidity. Even still I’ll get bud rot occasionally on really dense indicas. I’ll send you some stuff to try out, and you can go with whatever works best. I’ll send you a dm to get your info.

I’m also thinking about growing a few of the Nigerian sativas next grow, to hybridize with jungle spice. That’ll result in a 75% sativa. But I have to finish my current grow first, so I probably won’t have seeds to give you until September timeframe.

1 Like

Ummm a little further east from texas…but…:man_facepalming:t5: and I decided on a lot of indices this year smh…lol

The real seeds company.

2 Likes

I’ve decided not to try and conquer the heat in July and August and will only be making some seeds and doing this heat project. Then start another run in late September. Thanks for your help bro. Anything I can ever do… Love and Gratitude

1 Like

I second afropips. I ran one of their strains (slyder I think) and it got to 100+f and I didn’t see any issues.

3 Likes

Thank you my friend @Viva_Mexico! Great to hear from you brother. Hope you’re well and lifted. Love and Respect

1 Like