Question about reversing using STS

Hey everybody, so I wanted to reverse a strain I have called Queens Banner by night owl seeds, but the last two times I tried, I successfully reversed it but the pollen sacs often end up empty. Has anyone reversed this strain, and if so do you have any tips/tricks? TIA

4 Likes

I’ve only done 3 reversal runs now. So I’m no expert, but on my last one (this reversal was extreme and made the MOST pollen sacs) it seemed like a lot were empty or never produced anything.

But, the small percent that were viable were still enough to do what was needed.

6 Likes

I just did a reversal of Mephisto Genetics Hubbabbubbasmelloscope and the male plant was COVERED in flowers but… NO DUST!.

At week 3 flower for the females, I literally too the fems and rubbed them INTO the male plant like they were a weird ass shaped toothbrush.

It made a mess with casing going everywhere but it worked. What little pollen in those empty balls got into the pistils and I got LOTS of seeds.

The biggest tips I can give:

1 - Start your “male” 3 weeks before you start your females (autos).
2 - Spray every 3 days until balls everywhere.
3 - Wear protection and spray in a safe environment away from other plants. I use a big box and after spraying down the plant I cover the open top of the box with a black towel until the plant dries out to go back into the tent.

You got this @Kyleromero94 !

10 Likes

When did you start spraying? I’ve had my best results starting at day 28 with autos.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this. I’m 0 for 3 myself :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Never had empty sacs. Im on my 5th(?) Reversal without issue. Maybe it’s a strain specific thing.

3 Likes

I had virtually-empty sacks this summer and assumed it was because I started spraying late. I still got about 100 seeds but was hoping for 1000 or so.

3 Likes

Reversed ones seldom have huge amounts of pollen. The also take a bit longer after balls show to provide any. They are not huge pollinators like a male would be. I have reversed a full plant and grown a clone right beside it without pollination. I have made about 20 s1s.

2 Likes

My girl is trying to out do the boys!

2 Likes

Gotcha!! So there’s traces of pollen in there, even if not seen by the naked eye??

2 Likes

I’m hoping there’s minute traces of pollen to use. Even 100 seeds would be amazing at this point for me

1 Like

I’ve heard cosmic queen is a difficult strain to reverse

1 Like

This is insanely helpful, I’ll keep this in mind, thanks so much!! :pray:t2:

2 Likes

Try sifting the dried male flowers . You’d be surprised how much pollen you’ll get.
:v::canada:

5 Likes

I am 0 for 1 myself, will be trying another one in a few days

1 Like

Hope it works for you this time :crossed_fingers:

Please share any success - and really keep track of what you do.

It seems that every plant you reverse, has a different reaction to the STS - am I wrong here?

The next time I try, I will be putting multiple cuts of the one I want to reverse and trying a slightly different schedule with each - I will also be ready to harvest, dry, and sift the flowers that taunt you while never opening up, ha ha! :laughing:

1 Like

I’ve only reversed a few times and my experience is that each time is different.

1 Like