Question? How to increase VPD without using electricity

Do you understand VPD? Do you have a chart?

My range is 72-83 and humidity 49-63, but there are many sweet spots.

3 Likes

(I don’t even care about VPD I just go for reasonable numbers)

But if it’s important to you that’s what I’d do.

2 Likes

I do not have one but I have seen one and it’s kinda intimidating just being honest :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And that’s about where I’m at in the summer but winter is tuff on me trying not to run a heater all the time I really like that lung wall idea Ive got access to a pile of wood and a wood stove , I might even just put like a small fire place in it and just cob it in

1 Like

We have the same weather. It’s tough.

1 Like

Am I understanding it correctly by saying that I increase nutrient uptake by increasing VPD? @Gizmo

3 Likes

Correct. Like an organic (cyborg?) hydraulic pump.

3 Likes

Use concrete blankets to keep the earth warm.

1 Like

Concrete blanket? Please explain

1 Like

Concrete blankets are used in the winter to keep ground thawed or to thaw ground before pouring concrete(sidewalks, curds, slabs, footings, ect.). They’re also used to cover fresh concrete in low temperatures so that it can cure properly. I actually throw some over my dog kennels in the winter months. They will raise temperatures significantly.

4 Likes

Lol , so I asked google about it and they are cool but out of my budget , Amazon got them for 180$ for 5x20’ and non electric for 86$ for 5x20’

1 Like

No one uses electric. They are insulated enough that they will start to thaw frozen ground after a couple days. And yes, not cheap. Check ur local classifieds for used ones?

2 Likes

geothermal

1 Like