Space heater or Dehumidifier

Hi all,Winter has come and my room Is 19-16°C and my humidity Is 64,5% (my Inkbird says)without any plant :frowning:
So,since the tent Is in my room,would be Better to put a space heater or a good 12-15liters dehumidifier?
The space heater costa more in Electric Bill,twice the dehumidifier watt draw.
Help,I had bad botrytis issues my last grow.

8 Likes

I found a small oil-heater type space heater that has a peak run power of 750w and is nice and small. Rather than put this INSIDE the tent I have out outside the tent to keep me worried about burning/drying out the plants from being so close. The heater has a duct-boosting fan (small, 4") pulling the heat from the unit into multiple tents as forced-air in.

Bonus of the heater being outside is that it’s helping heat the ambient room air while also primarily adding warm and dry air to the tents microclimates.

I also have a dehumidifier running on auto 24/7 in the same space as my set-up is in a basement. In the winter the room’s air averages around 16c with the RH 30%… the tents though are 23-24c 30-45% RH (lights on) and 18-19c with 40-50% RH.

7 Likes

Awesome,thank you and congratulations for the win❤️
@Pigeonman
I don’t know If I can find the same thing in Europe

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m truely grateful as most all my gear is second hand so I can afford it so this light will help me make such good medicine and genetics to pass around in a way I couldn’t afford on my own with my fam’s budget right now. :pray:

Here’s an example of the type of unit I’m talking about located on Amazon.uk:

My hope is that since this is already across the pond in the :uk: and most likely made in China that you can find something similar to make your system work out for the better!

1 Like

Heater will give you the NRG to grow the plant.
run your Lights, Heater etc at night when its cheaper…

2 Likes

Thank you so much,you deserve more than what you already have.That light Will let you run almost any tent you want,very Happy for you Brother.I still Need a dehumidifier though,what would you suggest for a room 25 m2?

Or,Just upping the temperature Will reduce the humidity?

2 Likes

I tried running the fans and It Is not going down.Rh stays still.In my empty tent*

2 Likes

Are you venting outdoors? Before I started venting outdoors I always had issues with my RH as I can’t keep my house’s temps stable due to it’s age and being electrically heated. Even with the dehumidifier running it was still an issue.

Now I run my ac infinity (6") at the lowest setting (“1”) which keeps negative pressure going and the excess humidity goes out the window rather than back into the room.

4 Likes

I don’t know how to vent It outdoor,I should do a hole in the Wall?If Yes,It Is no viable atm.Yes I am recirculating InLine and exhaust the same air in the room Brother,that Is why I thought a dehumidifier would be Better in my case.What you think?
@Pigeonman

1 Like

Something to consider is a dehumidifier can warm up a room also :wink:

5 Likes

I cut a section of plywood the size of my windows opening and jigsawed a hole to fit a damper/baffle (like for drier vents) which my venting hose is attached to. Using a baffle means that when the fan is off outside stays outside. :rofl:

A dehumidifier WILL help, but so will venting outdoors. Ultimatley you may need to do both to achieve your goal or you may succeed with just one or the other! :grin: :+1:

This becomes a problem for me in the summer :rofl:
But, Yes! :partying_face:

1 Like

That Is a good idea,my tent though cannot be moved near the window atm,and the window Is also 2 meters height,so,I Hope getting a dehumidifier Will fix It.Would 14 liters/24h be good enough?The room size Is about 25-30 max meters squared.
@Neb @Pigeonman
About Summer,my room gets very dry during Summer,It Is not very well insulated,so no Need of dehumidifier

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s a hard Q to answer, but here read through this and it’ll give you a solid idea:

My tents are also not by the window: so I use 25ft flexible ducting to move the air to where it’s needed. :+1:

3 Likes

3gal rez*8=24/7=roughly 3(liters per day)???
Is this right?

2 Likes

Thank you Brother
Hope you and your garden enjoy your brand new light❤️

1 Like

depends on your grow setup if your doing DWC or RDWC u can use that formula but you have to use the total amount of water in your whole system. if your watering the plants to run off from a 3 gallon res use the top formula

2 Likes

I use Coco and dtw,with HFF
@Neb

1 Like

ud use this to figure it out then. You need to figure out how much water each plant is being fed every day

2 Likes

Coco absorb 60% of its volume in water,so,ipothetically,in 2x 1 liter pots,1 liter every 5 hours,Say 4 events=4 liters with some runoff.Ipothetically then 2 plant x( 4liters=)1gal x8=16 pint per day??
Could be?
Also a little runoff to take in account.
@Neb

2 Likes