Question? How to increase VPD without using electricity

I have a outdoor/indoor setup a 9x12 open floor so I plant straight into the earth just got a roof and lights and an exhaust fan in it but what sux about it is in the winter my ground gets really cold and slows everything down so I’m using pots this winter I’m trying to increase my VPD so I can kinda speed things up a bit? any complete thoughts , positive feedback, and or previous experiments ran could be beneficial, oh and without adding watts to my already full electrical circuit? thanks community :slight_smile:

3 Likes

after theb grow is done use pvc piping filled with water and use a instant water heater to heat the water thus heating the ground

4 Likes

One of my thoughts on the subject is to put rock salt like ice cream salt in a collinder put in a bucket to drop humidity in the room but I’m not sure if it’s efficient?

Oh wow :flushed:, yeah that’s cool probably a way to use passive solar heat too thanks bro that’s awesome idea

1 Like

hey if you want solar i have a complete solar system including lights up for sale

3 Likes

Is it too dry? Too wet?

3 Likes

Thanks but it’s all broke boy tech right now sadly but come next fall if you still got it I might have the funds but right now I’m rubbing two dimes trying to make a dollar :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What are the measurements of temp and humidity swings currently?

1 Like

Normal Rh is runs between 50-60% but once a month we usually have 4 day spikes up to 80-90% I call it dry but I’m from south Mississippi which is the opposite

1 Like

Is the humidity outside that high as well? And temperature :thermometer: is needed.

1 Like

In side the lights keep it around 70ish and at night I put a heater in there because night time temps was dropping in the 20s but I got it up now when I go in at lights on it’s 72ish in there so I believe I got that took care of temp wise

1 Like

Outside is turning cold well has been I’m just south of the 38th parallel

1 Like

What sort of air movement and HVAC are you using?

1 Like

10" exhaust fan air exchange every like 4hrs when it’s cold like this maybe more at night cuz fan is temperature controled because of heater at night probably exchanges more than lights during day

1 Like

If you can get temps stable, I’d imagine it would then be a game with your exhaust fan as to how much humidity you want to dump. Without humidifier/dehumidifier you kind of have to take what you get and do the best you can with your exhaust or intake

2 Likes

Well what do you think about making dehumidifier out ofs buckets of rock salt?

1 Like

I would partition a wall section to creat a sub lung room, build a stove, crank the lights, use a dehumidifier, etc. Plenty of hacks you could probably do. Heat rises.

I stopped using space heaters due to safely and tripping breakers.

2 Likes

Crank up the heat crank up the fan.

2 Likes

Cool so just drop humidity and pump the heat shoot for like mid to high 80s with a 30% Rh?

1 Like

2 Likes