Quick Advice on Lighting Needed

hello everyone,

i´m not a newbie to taking care of plants and enjoying it´s fruits in return. until now it has been exclusively smaller, but successful, balcony and garden grows back then

only three months ago just started my first indoor!

i checked the internet quick haven´t found an answer. i guess the answer to my simple question is yes anyway, but here it comes:

having 2 seperate 1,5m² tents each with a reasonably priced chinese 200w led. a friend from a friendly friend donated his no more used violet led light. quick research showed it´s not one of the trashy crap ones from years ago, it´s just not up to par at efficiency with electricity consumption, so decided i could maybe use it.

question: do plants in full flowering react irritated when adding violet led´s to the already installed white led´s? …guess no problem.

do plants in flower react bad if white led´s got removed and got replaced with violet led´s? …no f*ing clue.

goal would be to reorganize an relocate the plants which are closer to harvest into one double-lighted tent. keep the just started flowering ones inside one one-lighted tent?

thanks

2 Likes

When you say violet leds are you talking the visible colour you see or are you talking about a uv led?

2 Likes

If I understand the question, can you use a older blurple color casting LED with a white casting LED, I do if I need a bit of extra light, from adding a few to many plants in an area.
Sorry if I’m not understanding.

2 Likes

it´s visible violet not uv

2 Likes

My 1st hrow was with a burple chinese light amd plants never complained about the light itselft just for the lack of light.

I found tentbuddy that is a smarthphone app that uses camera and light sensor to determinate how much light you have.

What I did, because I don’t thrust on the accuracy of it was check how many ppfd on the sun and then check it under my lamps.

Ts1000 gives me 650-700, 150w hps give me 550-600 and tje burple light… 150.

It may be allright to complement another lamp on the grow space but I don’t think the birple lamps worth the power they consume.

But that’s me on my experience.

Good luck pal

3 Likes

exactly i want to add some light… it´s this one

to be added here

plus one or two other plants…

my phone is too shitty to measure light. tried the apps. thanks for the info about efficiency, i think i feel this way too. just let them be.

2 Likes

Ask for wife or friend pbone that have that hability, mine is different but just like yours, 2 switches and everything.
But in order to the spectrum overcome the good one, it had to be very close to the plants, but won’t harm them.

I was about to use that one for clones but not even for that… It is just too weak what it is good for is to germinate seeds in a container on top of it, one cloth if temperarure too high, like a seedling mat😂

1 Like