Any combo indoor light growers out there?

Been growing for a while now and always blend my old blurple and newer white full spectrum LEDs together. Also during cool weather months I combine blurple with MH and HPS to provide a more balanced spectrum. Just curious who else likes to play around with multiple artificial lights indoors?

9 Likes

I don’t do this but I have crammed two blurples into one small space.

Consider that “full spectrum” in the marketing really means pieces of the spectrum.

I’m more concerned about efficiency and given the likely age of your blurples I’d guess them to be very inefficient.

All the best.

5 Likes

I think mixed spectrum and mixed lighting intensities is incredibly helpful to dial in and select plants from. Growing a plant large enough so some of the flowers are under different spectrums and light intensities will show how the plants express across varying climate conditions. Some will show to prefer higher intensity while others might prefer lower intensity, same goes with different spectrums and such. Happy growing @Headies12green. Many blessings and much love

5 Likes

Ive been doing the same, when i started growing a couple of years ago, my brother gifted me multiple blurple lights he wasnt using anymore. I started adding newer lights, so i could use the whole tent. Ive had such good results, that i still combine them. Ive never even thought about changing up.
Its all ive ever done, ive never even considered swapping them out, even though i have more lights in my other tent and veg area.

5 Likes

Cool man lovely plants

1 Like

Efficiency is a relative term in the world of indoor growing… Personally I run my lights at like 75 80% never 100. Knock on wood but they’ve lasted for many years. I also have bar LEDs 3500k lights traditional blurple White full spectrum HID CFL and so on. Some of the people that run lights 100% all the time are asking for trouble. My point is I’ve yet to see a difference in growth from using 8 year old Amazon LEDs v something brand new. The environment and genetics really dictate growth assuming you’re not using a 20 watt incandescent haha.

4 Likes

Im not talking about running at full power. I’m talking about light per watt.

I had an old 100 watt fluorescent that would veg 4 sqft

My newer 100w board will veg 9 sq/ft

That’s a big difference.

You can grow weed with old lights. Nothing wrong with that but I bet you they eat a lot more power for a lot less output.

2 Likes

In the winter I run a few small led blurple lights ( 15 - 20 watt ) over small plants that are in a south facing window so they get full sun a few hours a day. It works fine if they are in flower.

i have a half blurple half HPS tent

3 Likes

T5 UVB lights on the walls, 2 UVB CFL’s up top. and a FarRed/IR light board. for the end of day late shutoff. so I can get out of there in the last 15 mins.

Plus some of those ac infinity ionbeam u-4. 365/395nm UVA lights. Other UVA lights go up soon. like tomorrow.

5 Likes

Here’s all the stuff labelled by strain. Those lights… there’s 2 x 200w Floodlights. select a spectrum. 3000k & 6500k chip sets, both on for 5000k spectrum right now. I’ll flip them over to only 3000K next week.

Shop lights on the walls are 6500K. put off a little UV. The 4-Leaf UVA fan-leaf lights are up. 40w each. 2 of those. and those T5 UVB lights. and the 2 CFL’s at 5.0.

The Finnchy lights. 250w and 125w have the hottest UVA & FR/IR diodes. Like. for the size… those diodes put out a lot, according to my UV/FR light meter. It measures all the stuff outside the PAR range 400-700nm. I have the normal PAR meter for those. All these plants were outdoors all summer, and just got moved inside to flower. Last grow was with a trellis net setup. New floor in the other half of the room, now it’s a full room.

6500K is best for veg. 3000K is best for flower. 5000K is best all around light, and the Reds add a lot of bulk to the flowers. UVA adds purples. UVB adds trichomes, and kills what doesn’t have them. (the warning part).

Blue is absorbed at 0.6 rate, and Red is absorbed at a 1.0 rate. or something similar like that. I run the UVA’s with the lights for 12 hours. I run the UVB’s for half that time, for 6 hours. Reds are on 15 mins after the rest of the lights. IR lights from 3 nanny cameras, and the red/ir light.

1 Like

This is what I am trying to explain. When the leaves fall off the trees in a week or two, they will get full sun for a few hours each day. Please excuse all the gardening junk under the plants. :shushing_face:

HLG 325 watt led board kit + Mars Hydro 2 700 watt led/blurple combo. Not an ideal nor even efficient setup but the n.o.s mars hydro light was free and that’s my favorite thing.

1 Like

Ceiling lighting is one cmh and 2 uvb cfl
Side lighting is 100w hlg on each wall