Recommended tricks n tips from here on in

So, wat would u guys recommend…

5 Likes

More info would be one recommendation… what are you trying to achieve? Goals? How are you growing? Soil? Ferts? Teas? Gotta give more information to give us a direction.

7 Likes

My thoughts exactly @Dr_Jekyll

My best tip, learn to use LITFA.

6 Likes

Looks like you’ve put a lot of work in this set-up. :+1:

Can you tell us more about what you are up to?

2 Likes

Hey guys

Sorry for the lack of info, just feeling things out. Well, Ive been using straight dirt, some fertilizer(Miracle grow 18-18-21) Do that maybe once twicew a month. Have the lighting on 12-12 for the last 2 wks. Started the lighting on 18-6, worked really well, Im using LED Full Spectrum lights, 2 of them and a heater light so they dont get cold. Ive been at these girls for about 13 weeks…they do have pistils, so yay for me…lol

6 Likes

I would invest in a nutrient line meant for consumables. It will also be in line with the needs of cannabis during the flowering phase. Miracle grow doesn’t address these needs. Also feedings should happen more frequently to feed the growing plants.

2 Likes

Im really curious on the types of fertilizer out there compared to the natural fertilizers… Like which is better, tea(black, red, orange)…how much… Theirs so much out there, for a meager grow what do you recommend

2 Likes

One thing I can suggest,

Overgrow has an extensive GrowFAQ section, spend some time reading up on the topics in there, it will help you along your journey.

Also, use the search bar,

Searching for “Fertilizer” brings up These results :slight_smile:

Also, good luck and welcome to Overgrow!

8 Likes

As you said, there are many. Organic vs synthetics. Swing by your local shop and get the run down on the options. Some are 2 part. Some are multi part. There are options for all types of growing styles, medium, and price point.

I am not sure what you mean by the different tea colors. Teas typically provide microbes and nutrients to feed them. Not sure if they are needed in synthetics. I use nectar for the gods… Which is semi organic. I run the full line.

Make sure you pH your feeding solution otherwise lockout will result.

6 Likes

There is a really large range of possible solutions depending on what you are looking to do.

Quite a few folk here have discussed and shared different organic techniques, creating different teas from scratch, etc.
Also, a variety of nutrient solutions from store bought multi-part mixes to single part mixes intended specifically for cannabis. Do a quick search, as @Jellypowered has suggested and see if something catches your eye. Ask some questions when you find something that sounds interesting and matches your goals. From there, I’m certain you get some good follow-on thoughts.

Otherwise, it’s a really broad question. Each of the various options have advantages and disadvantages from ease of use, to cost, to quality. Many of which are subject to personal thoughts and opinions. Many depend on how much effort and time you are willing to spend making the nutrients up, too.

I’m not a fan of Miracle Grow for cannabis personally. But, I mean, it looks like it working for you. At least from what I can see through the pink spectrum. Some have perfectly fine results others have issues.

7 Likes

My brother. The first advice I can give you is to stick around, follow some good threads here and take that Miracle Grow and use it on a plant that you don’t eat or smoke. :hot_face: Hit me up anytime. We’re here for you and you will be successful. Much love and respect
:cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes