Reconfiguring my indoor exhaust setup

Well right now in one lung room I am struggling to keep the tent under 90F, with AC itself struggling to stay below 83F when it is 85F outside at night…daytime is another story…

I was running 81.5F for flower before this occured in another lung room. Now we’re getting about 84-86 in the day.

1 Like

84-86 should be fine with good air movement and exchange. My experience has been its strain dependent.

1 Like

Indeed. I have run higher before, but I am in mid flower and 1 of my plants has the worst case of heat stress (1 plant in a large raised bed in 1 of 2 tents in one of the lung rooms).

I have a lung room with 2 full-cycle tents I stagger, and just added another lung room for more staggered harvests. The AC from that room heats up the exhausted room VERY hot (my smoke detector wasn’t even happy…error code for too hot in room). So heat seeped into my room with the single plant flowering.

But lung room was fine…it was just the tent getting too hot, because the tent exhaust is going into the same room, and tent fan is not always on full blast, sometimes even off for a brief moment.

1 Like

But my plan was to a) vent to the window instead of filling the laundry room up with heat, and b) possibly vent tents themselves into the lung room they reside in, rather than laundry room or windows within (since the AC dries the air for recycling very good)

Basically I have 2 lung rooms, with the laundry room connecting them both. I currently just vent all 3 tents and both AC’s to the wall. smh. Never had an issue for years until I added the second lung room’s AC vent, which coincided with a massive heat wave.

1 Like

Part A of plan was in action for a day, but it didn’t work too well. I even tried moving the 3rd tent into the same lung room, but nothing helps with this old house and the huge heat and humidity wave we’re getting. I am throwing in the towel. Triple digit temperatures (F) this week, and nearly 100% humidity outdoors. I’ll just grow enough during the cooler months to last me, and go on hiatus in the summer.

1 Like

I used a basement window just like yours.
I used 1" hard backed foam insulation board.
Gorlilla glue and a sheet of lauan under lay in flooring, cut into pieces.
I simply fastened that cover to the block walls, then used stove pipe fitting, then glue, some really good duct tape, and it ran for maybe 7-8 years that way.
I’d pull cold air in the winter time, and in summer, I ran a indoor AC unit, and exhausted out through it, spring and summer and fall.
Hell I think I still may have the casement window foam cover I made, in my pile of faded dreams.
I’ve relocated my CAN filter and Vortex, to another room all together away from my current grow area.

2 Likes