Recycled True Living Organics w/ Coco

The 13 variety mix was pure convenience honestly, but I was persuaded to go with that particular blend mainly focusing on the basis to encourage and sustain the Rhisophagy cycle. Every seed in the mix is already inoculated with Endophytes from the mothering plant that produced them. Additionally, the vast majority of the mix are bio-accumulators, and when tilled back into the soil will provide me with every compound needed to sustain healthy productive growth of future host crops (canna).
A side goal is to create mutations of the predominant bacteria we all use and rely on in tradition organic practices and once I make seeds, these bacteria will be passed onto and en apsulated within the seed coat. In short, natural inoculate for future offspring specific to the particular plant.

Any form or variety of companion plant is beneficial to the target host plant. 3 or 13, it’s one more step in the right direction. Diversity!!

For sure bro, camomile is one of my favorite herbs too, right up there with burdock root, turmeric and angelica root!! Eitherway, you can’t go wrong!!

4 Likes

Thank you kindly. I’m no guru and do make some mistakes from time to time, but I’m humbled when I can pass on to others what I’ve learned. Glad to have you here too!! Welcome to the thread. :pray:

2 Likes

Don’t be afraid to prune your plants!!! Target forms of stress can have a positive effect. Timing is an important factor. Here is a 7 day laps showing productive stress technique. Also helps to control stretch in some of the more leggy strains.

7 Likes

Finally got around to pruning theses maters.
Looks much better now, and I found a shit ton of adult aphids hiding from me. Finished with another neem treatment.

Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th, and stay safe!! :heart: Leaving for Garden City, NY in a couple hrs. Flight departs in about 4hrs.

5 Likes

Safe travels , Have a great trip!!
Happy 4th to you as well!

2 Likes

That’s awesome man, would this mean the bacteria would be specifically suited to the environment that they were grown in as well?

Itsvgreat to see how quickly the respond to training and trimming. I’ve been doing some supercropping on one of mine and it’s bouncing right back everything.
I’ll probably wait a little while, until its closer to the net before I start doing any major defoliating.

:v:

2 Likes

That’s awesome man, would this mean the bacteria would be specifically suited to the environment that they were grown in as well?

Exactly right! When bacteria reproduce, they pass on DNA and some of these acquired traits (inclusions) aren’t always expressed unless something triggers it. But enviroment does have a large influence on what role the bacteria will serve and how it will perform.

Itsvgreat to see how quickly the respond to training and trimming. I’ve been doing some supercropping on one of mine and it’s bouncing right back everything.
I’ll probably wait a little while, until its closer to the net before I start doing any major defoliating.

Sounds like you’ve got a nice healthy plant to play around with manipulating hormones. Every time you remove a leaf or side shoot, the plant will respond by replacing them. If you incorporate high auxins from sources like Aloe and cytokinins from kelp either in the soil or in your watering, coupled with timed, target pruning, the end result will always be more vertical growth and/or side branches. To break the side branching and focus on vertical, cut out the auxins and focus on cytokinin. Foliar sprays work best for hormone manipulation, and provide the fastest results. But definitely play around with it, you’ll be surprised how resilient canna really is.

4 Likes

Wow I really botch up those QUOTES. Sorry :disappointed:
Still getting the hang of things…

2 Likes

Thanks buddy. Man, NY is a whole different world. Did a little site seeing, took the subway to Brooklyn and I had to step over bums sleeping on the ground stairs. People are just walking around them like it’s nothing, completely natural. Smh, Weird!!

2 Likes

Happy to have come across your thread.
As a coco/dwc grower, I find the information that you’ve put up very useful. Thank you for taking the time to write that all down.
I hope to use your thread as a reference to start my organic ventures with coco…:slightly_smiling_face::v:t3:

4 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. :pray: Welcome to the thread!! Organic is definitely the way to go, especially if you got a Connoisseur taste and demand the highest possible quality.

It’s definitely not as easy as tossing some slow release osmocote or the similar, but the end results when lab tested are very different. Terpenes are off the chart, and it’s hard to cultivate any other way once you experienced the quality that microbes give to the crop.

Coco just takes things to the next level compared to peat. The soil just seems to perform better and better in the long-run, when it breaks down it releases calcium, Magnesium and potassium and doesn’t add to acidity. WIN/WIN!

6 Likes

It’s all part of the charm :wink:

1 Like

Ain’t that the truth!! :laughing:

1 Like

Well back from my little getaway, too soon if you ask me but my wife had enough and she’s the boss.

Did a heavy defo of fans and I removed that string trellis. Branches are like steel already and I doubt they’ll bend under the flower weight.

Still got a couple small fans to remove but everything I could get bare hand is gone. Small fans need to be snipped out but that’s for another day. My back agrees.

10 Likes

Looking good!

I feel that pain haha, my tiny tent is in a cupboard that I have to kneel in and turn to the side to access :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
stupid uk laws!!

1 Like

Write a letter to king Charlie to change the law, he’s into organics. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah man, my back is completely shot! After 22 years in the masonry trade, thankfully I finally made it to superintendent about 2 yrs ago. Sadly the damage is already done. Looking back on the past, I would certainly have done things differently. Screw the money, you only have one life. I’m just praying I make it to 80, with all the cancerous chemicals and silica dust emissions ive been exposed to. I already have lung issues too. Early stage of emphysema and silicosis. Life is certainly unfair!

The UK will come around one of these days. Look at the U.S. we’re still not there with rescheduling, but we’re slowly approaching. Pretty sure that once we do, the other nations will also.

1 Like

It’s been a while since I’ve used these G8’s. 630/660 90w booster. Bring on that flower power! Only using 1 at the moment but I may incorporate a second.
Everything is at 24" from canopy and reading 890-1010 ppfd for the entire plant. Should have some nice big sparkling cola’s.

4 Likes

That’s been my mentality for last 10 years, I worked a ahotty job for shitty people for 19 years, then I decided a job with less pay that I actually enjoy doing, is worth more long term.

Sorry to hear that man, I hope things arent too serious and you’re still managing to enjoy life!

1 Like

Right on, if you love and enjoy what you do, you’ll never “work” a day of it.

I appreciate that, it’s not too bad. I caught it early and although it not reversible, it’s manageable. I just struggle at times to catch my breath. But for being 42 yrs old, this really shocked me. Definitely gave me a greater appreciation for the little things in life.

1 Like