Reversed Female Breeding VS Male/Fem Breeding

i have never crossed plants before, buuuuuuuut i have some Goji OG F2 and I plan to start crossing by the end of this year, hopefully to share with the OG Community.

So im reading and viewing breeding info and… Colin from Ethos says breeding is easier when you just hit a female plant with pollen from another female that was reversed instead of pollen from a male. this to me makes sense, with a male i have no fucking idea what im getting, but with the reversed pollen from a fire female i know that female was fire.

what is your opinion regarding chucking with reversed pollen only instead of males?

7 Likes

You’ll still get different phenos from what I’ve heard. They’ll be female seeds. But still variations in plants.

1 Like

thanks, do you know of any drawbacks? i mean if its as simple as it sounds, whys not everyone doing that instead?

1 Like

It’s not necessarily simple. You can reverse a female with cs solution over a couple weeks. Or you could use sts I believe once or twice. Both of these result in a plant you can’t use except the pollen I believe. Because it becomes toxic. But this does produce the female pollen. Some plants are not or do not do well when selfed and produce wierd and non desirable offspring. That would be one of the largest concerns. Many people have tons of success. There are tons of threads on this subject. Far more than I can elaborate on. Mac1 I heard is a triploid plant and does not breed well, atleast caps cut. A friend of mine told me they are coming out with a paper on that whole deal.

3 Likes

It is easier to get pollen from a male because, well, that is what it was built for. I have tried the silver thing, never had good results. Mind you, it may also have something to do with the plant I used. It is a roll of the die, people do it all the time. Sts is an easier method, just an application or two. Cost up front is more but you are set for a lot of experimenting afterwards.

1 Like

If the plant you reverse has any intersex tendency it can be passed on or even increased.

2 Likes

Do you have a link for this?
I would love to hear more.
Thanks

1 Like

I made accidental fems twice. outdoor.
first time I stressed them with off the charts TDS of 730. some died few lived and I got a bunch of seeds, no males. gave a couple to a friend, he gave it to a friend, just got gifted a jar from them doing it outside, everything was fine, they got females and really nice fat plants.
Following year I went experimental and topped on plant at every opportunity I could for months, i went herm from the stress . I was merciless. It hermed and again I got seeds, just started some I got a feeling they are going to be fine.

1 Like

its weird, im not getting any alerts when people quote or respond on this thread. I thank everyone.

i feared this would be one reason.

stressing the plant until it herms and using silver or sts is the same in terms of the quality of the seeds?

1 Like

shit I just bought this and arrived today… does anyone know the amount thats effective mixed or straight directly on nods of fem plants

Bioactive Colloidal Silver - 30 PPM

Not yet, a buddy had just told me about it. I don’t know if the paper or study is published yet.

1 Like

Thanks, I think I found the info on the web.

1 Like

Right on. Good deal

1 Like

Do not know yet. I have sts just have not tried it out yet. I think as long your dealing with a strong plant the resulting offspring should be strong.

1 Like

female to female = “fusion”
that’s easy and can be made by anyone that owns one or more
nice selections. most of the time its even other peoples selections.
just mashed together :wink: great to create hypers and cash in quick.
but also, many of those lines are really great to see the involved
genetics “reacting” to each other, which can be interesting some-
times. especially when i want to get to know the genetics that i’ll
work in regular form later on …

male to female = breeding
bit harder to do, less “reliable” and much more time investing,
because one has to find the right male first = no shortcuts ect.
takes much longer to create a reliable and stable strain that in-
hertits reliably ect. fems don’t do that, when the used cultivars
were already just poly-hybdrid mashups (as it is quite common
nowadays).

__

no offense, that’s just how it breaks up for me personally.
but don’t get me wrong, i enjoy very much growing fems.

but when it comes to making seed = i prefer using reg-males :slight_smile:

7 Likes