Reversed plant with another reversed plant

I want to ask a question, I want to understand it in theory, I couldn’t find it anywhere.

I did the reversal process with 2 regular female plants with no traces of hermaphrodites. The first plant presented pollen sacs in the first week, the second plant presented pollen sacs only at the end of the life cycle.

As the second plant did not present pollen sacs, I deduced that the reversal process did not work. I removed pollen from the first plant and pollinated the second plant (which did not yet have pollen sacs).

The big question is, can many seeds be hermaphrodites?

They were of the same genetics and same generation.

2 Likes

What method did you use to reverse them? icon_e_confused|nullxnull

2 Likes

I used a method I found here at OG, diluted silver nitrate and applied with a syringe directly to the stem. I liked this method.

3 Likes

Thanks, then you will not have any kind of hemaphrodism as with that method you just block the production of female flowers (or something like that :sweat_smile:) but it won’t affect the progenie … beer3|nullxnull

9 Likes

Thanks friend, I’ll test these seeds soon and post the results here (if I remember)! :laughing:

1 Like

Reversing plants does not increase the chances of hermaphrodism in future generations. These plants are intersex by nature. Some plants are genetically more prone to hermie but it is mostly due to stress. :rainbow:

6 Likes

i recently ran sts on a cut that doesn’t herm, ever, under any condition apparently. it didn’t reverse and i applied sts to clones of it for many weeks and even started application before flower. nothing. however, I had a small plant next to one of the plants i was trying to reverse. i had to cram everything back into the tent a few times without care due to some extenuating circumstances. well, i ended up reversing the small plant, not a problem. got fem seeds still, so it’s all good.

3 Likes

Actually, the risk is lower but if rodelization would be successful if you tried it, you’re still passing those genetics on. So the only way to be sure is to stress-test.

I thought hemaphrodism traits were only present when seeds came from plants that have been stressed enough so they throw male flowers and pollinate themselves thinking they’re going to die and wanting to preserve themselves… icon_e_confused|nullxnull

Found some interesting info, a breeder that sells them:

This is made possible by using a chemical reversal process on a targeted female plant to produce viable pollen, which is then used to pollinate other female plants in a controlled environment. Because there are only female sex chromosomes to contribute in these pairings, all resulting progeny are female. There is no increased risk of hermaphrodites when using properly bred feminized seed compared with regular seed or growing from clone.

Here’s also good info:

1 Like

The method of breeding doesn’t determine the genes passed on; if it’s a plant that’s herm-prone, it has a decent chance to pass on some of those genes, as far as we know… though I’ve never actually seen any research on what causes herms in the first place, so I think that’s at least somewhat guesswork. Assuming it’s based on heritable genetics, though, the paragraph you quoted is true - but you’re glossing over an aspect of what “properly bred feminized seed” means. It means that the breeder has tested them before reversal to ensure that they won’t herm on their own, through rodelization… or any other method that doesn’t involve blasting them with enough heavy metals that nobody in their right mind would ever smoke it, really. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hey @VisionGrower . Can I ask a couple questions to help get to the bottom of your query?

Have you run the 2 females full term and are attempting to reverse clones of said females?

What is the genetic background of the plants you are reversing?

When the second female failed to produce male flower right away did you continue to inject it with Siler nitrate?
:v::canada:

1 Like

Where is the thread you mentioned for injecting with the STS formula? What syringe needle size did you use?

2 Likes

Thank You,I Appreciate it

1 Like

Thanks, good tip

3 Likes

You are supposed to ideally test for hermies by stressing the parents or the progeny if you dont have historical data.
You can stress them with salicylic , over feeding and high rh, light fuckery, cold water stess.
If you use Rhodelization method, you’ll breed for strains that dont finish on time or when they do they produce the worst thing: seed fibers u cant pick out easily. YUCK!

If you use woossy collodial silver or Salicylic acid, you’re breeding strains that are easily stressed by bad growers -NOT Ideal.

If you use stress methods at flip to mid flower with no balls, then decide to STS or Silver Nitrate inject a clone…then test the progney…then you have something worth while to start with.
Good luck

1 Like

Reveging lowers at harvest is a great test
: )

1 Like

Of patience! If I can harvest before Nov and use solars maybe i can save some “keepers”
I took clones of some plants in week 2. They look super healthy but i know it will take one month just to get them normal after rooting.Then you have the lollipop job which i kind of do find satisfying.