Ripening Light Cycle and Nutrients + light intensity

Hello everyone,

What’s your strategy for the ripening period?
I was thinking to start reducing in then last two weeks of ripening lights from 12/12 gradually to 10/12 ( last 3-5 days), like 15min every day.

Also I am at 2.1Ec and I would like to gradually back from 1.9 this week to 1.2-1.0 and plain water the last 2-3 days. I am in Coco coir.

I am also considering if I should reduce the light intensity dimming the PAR and reducing PPFD…to 80% at thr end?

would this help ripening my buds?

What’s your opinion?
What do you do?

2 Likes

Yes to all : )

Also change feed npk ratio to mainly k , ( jacks 5/12/25 )
The lack of adiquate p along with k means plant can’t grow more buds and can only finish ( little foxtailing etc )

Because you reducing to 1.2ec
The reduction plus change of npk ratio , will reduce n and p but keep k at original level , keeping plant healthy to end

My last few posts on my mapito topic , is worth a read but also remember with coco their are cations to take into account , I’m not a coco grower
: )

4 Likes

Thinking 80% first week dropping weekly
To 50/60 at very last week

3 Likes

I do follow this type of light schedule starting at 12//12 the ending on 10/14

And as fish said 5/12/ 26 is great for finish

2 Likes

Of course 10/14 and not 10/12 :wink: sorry for the typo

1 Like

Sorry I dint get this.
I am using for example dual part Coco terra aquatica ( grow and bloom)… which schedule should I follow ? Vege? Flower? Pre-flower?
What 5/12/25 means?

Also…this is a very tricky one:
When you feed automatic and you have strains with different finishing time…how do you manage all these changes, considering that will apply to all then plants ?

5/12/26 is the npk ratio it says on your nutrient bottles 5n/12p/k26 npk ratio

Just say your growing a 8w , 10w and a 12w plant on one tray

Then you gauge when to start ripening stage based on 10w plant
The 8 w plant will be well done 50/50 amber/cloudy
The 10 week will be perfect just done 25/75 amber/cloudy
And the 12w will be forced to ripen early with little new bud 0/100 amber/cloudy
But all will come down at same time

Balancing act : )

1 Like

Many thanks!!