Rogutopia . 2023 . What A Wonderful World

^ One of the four Hot Cakes auto by @Going2fast that survived. :green_heart:

Lost one sprout to a slug, the other two weren’t feeling it and melted back into the soil.

5 Likes

All trichomes are milky as far as I can see, a couple of amber, and I’ve got about a week left in my jar, so it’s harvest time for this Violet Kush auto fem (Garden of Green).

4 Likes

Sowed a small handful of beans and one Pink Rozay freebie from Zamnesia.
Trimmed the date palm and pepper sprouts.

It is well with my soul.

3 Likes

Sowed some watercress a few days ago, gotta love diversity!

2 Likes

New moon in Sagittarius is coinciding with decarb time!

Dried harvest of Violet Kush auto by Garden of Green.

May many more beautiful harvests follow this one. I appreciate it. Thank you.

It is well with my soul.

2 Likes

2 hours and 10 minutes at 100 degrees Celsius (212 F).

The bud was in the empty cooking pot on the left with the lid on, being slightly smaller, it was then put on top of the bigger one on the right which is full of water.

The white ring on the bottom is mineral deposit from the water.
Cleans off easily with a little bit of vinegar.

2 Likes

The effect of the Violet Kush auto by Garden of Green is very very pleasant and calming.
Well balanced, chest is glowing, the intensity is felt in the heart, the head is more lucid and clear. Somewhat sedative but not debilitating.
Feeling very solid and a bit slowed down, not couch locked or narcotic.
It’s really mostly my heart that I feel.
Very interesting.
Beautiful…
:green_heart:

1 Like

Another benefit of leaving the roots and the lower part of the stem in the soil, you can use it to support seedlings!

2 Likes

That Violet Kush auto I harvested a week ago puts me to sleep like no other plant I’ve grown ever did. It’s amazing!

1 Like

that’s cool that you found one.
i think their stuff is good too.

pleased with everything of theirs i have grown out so far.

1 Like

The majority of the trichomes are milky so I’m harvesting today, it’s Solstice, perfect timing!

^ I was hoping these would give me some more bud but seems like they’re calling it a day.
This was a seed run, crossing the Royal Queen Seeds 1:1 THC:CBD females with my unknown males.

I’m done making seeds until I have space to keep males seperate so that the females can grow much more pistils before receiving the pollen…

I’m happy they survived the thrips and my defoliations.

Already pulled a few seeds, might have enough for two packs, one for keeping and one for giving away. I’m grateful for what I receive, large or small.

^ These are the regular high THC unknowns that got pollinated.

Alright! Now I can merge those two pots into a big one and sow a photo fem.

Onwards through the fog!

It is well with my soul.

3 Likes

This time I made a ring around the seed, hard to see on pic but it’s sprouting from a little mound. I sowed watercress in the little “moat”, and then on the outside I throw kitchenscraps and nettle + mint tea pulp.
I found some chanterelles in the fridge that were mushy and unfit for consumption, so I threw them in, they’re mycorrhizal, typically in a symbiotic relationship with trees but who knows… maybe they’ll engage cannabis too.

Below you can see the chanterelles transforming themselves back into mycelium, that’s the white stuff.

I am happy that all is well with my soul.

5 Likes

Hot Cakes auto fem by @Going2fast doing well amongst the nitrogen fixing beans and kitchenscraps.

Likes to, sort of, almost lay down but keeps growing, and that’s what matters!

Thanks again for the seeds and may 2024 be magnificent for you and your loved ones!

4 Likes

/thread

New year means new thread!

This journal is to be continued here: Rogutopia . 2024 . Glory Glory Glory!

4 Likes

Ill sign up for a chance at these

1 Like

I’ve been adding used soil after I get the roots out, veggie scraps, banana peels, and lots of coffee grinds to a 20 gal fabric pot. Can I just start growing in it or does it need to decompose to near completion (It’s been 2 months of adding scraps although some are fresh and chunky scraps)?should I add worms to help break down things faster? I used white clove on the top 1/2 inch of my soil last grow and it seemed to help, what will adding hay do as I’ve seen many do this. Will adding recharge, mychrozile (can never spell it), or a compost te(never don’t before) help the plot of old soil and scraps?

2 Likes

Leave the old roots in, they’re full of the exact nutrients the new plants need!
They’re decomposed by harvest time, meanwhile they help with drainage.
Worms definitely are a good addition, make sure they’re the red ones.

All that you’re doing sounds good, I don’t buy any powders and don’t use tea, don’t need it, but if you’re passionate about that stuff it’ll be a benefit, use in moderation.
I stopped using basalt and kelp because if the source is not certified organic they can contain heavy metals and other nasty stuff.
Also doesn’t make logical sense to spend your money on stuff that has to be packaged and transported, producing plastic and using energy, creating pollution, to add it to your soil, while there’s a constant stream of free alternatives in the form of kitchenscraps, grass clippings, nettle, dandelion, tree leaves and seeds of nitrogen fixing plants, all this together contains all the necessary minerals and more.
Seeds are the most efficient way of storing and transporting plant material.

What I did with my last pot is create a little mound in the middle to sow into and a ditch around it for watering, with the scraps on the outer ring.
Don’t overdo it with the coffee, diversity is key, a little bit of many different things is great, it’s how the universe works!

I use beans for nitrogen, I’ve used clover but it’s not as robust as a bean plant.
You can combine both though!

Thank you for growing and feel free to create a grow journal and tag me so that I can follow!

3 Likes

… I just told you how to close the wiki, then realized I hadnt signed up, I raced over here to signup before you closed it.

:expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless:

1 Like

:point_up_2:
Ditto……….(except the closing thing

1 Like

@rogue I see the three dots … Push that to get wrench I see dots but when I push I can’t close. I think only the person who opened it can lol sorry.
@Northern_Loki might could help if around

2 Likes