Rosin press?

Hey everyone!

I’m thinking of getting a rosin press. What’s everyone’s opinions of the best DIY methods? I’ve seen vice, hair straightener, etc… What’s the best? I’m broke lol

4 Likes

In your case, free is probably the best?
Find a female human, steal hair straightener, locate vice or clamps, squish.

6 Likes

You can use that thing to press rosin? Chit im about to look it up my girl gonna kill me.

7 Likes

Yeah I did a weak press with a hair straightener yesterday and it worked great. I’ve never dabbed I’m Just afraid I’m gonna like it and have to figure out a better system… Lmao!

4 Likes

Ha ha! No bro! Imagine that girl when she realizes you jacked her! Not cool bro! Funny but not cool🤪 I say go to a thrift store and buy like two or 3. You gunna break one, one will be junk and one will hopefully be indestructible and last forever even in the vice! The best one I got was a teal conair straightener! Use with vice or fat buddy!

2 Likes

If you become hopelessly addicted to rosin you can get you some low temperature plates from dabpress then got to harbor freight and get your frame and the jack to crank that bytch! Should be around 300 bucks all said and done… I like the hair straightener but I’m about to grow up soon so thinking about a big boy press with a timer an what not😆

3 Likes

I think my wife would rather me take a chance of breaking hers than to drop 300 bucks on a diy. Oh well she said she wanted a new straighter anyways…

2 Likes

hair straightener’s get way hot, you need to plug them in and out or you end up with blacktar
i go ta hair straightener at a rummage sale for a quarter , so price was good lol but after burning up alot of pot with little to show for it decided to save for a press

2 Likes

I honestly think a real press is just way better then Jimmy rigging stuff. I tried lots things including the lady’s hair straightener but just decided to get a real press. My honest opinion on purchasing one is stay away from name brands dont let them suck you in, based on hype.

Here is a video of mines at work a couple years ago

Aloha From Hawaii :call_me_hand:t5:

2 Likes

Definitely not going to try that with my girls hair straightener. My ass would be sleeping in the dog house for a week lol. Pretty much what she says goes… She wants to eat Slovakian food, I don’t want to eat Slovakian food, so we compromise and eat Slovakian food.

5 Likes

entry level ones start around $500, you can check alibaba and dhgate they might have cheaper options.

I have a nugsmasher OG, its pretty sweet, the plates are a little small though.
Not ideal for larger pucks of flower but perfect for hash/sift.
I pre pess my nugs in a dabpress mold, cut that rectangle in half and stack the two squares in doubled up parchment.

1 Like

You didn’t listen to me… I said get 3.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and you warm the nug for like ten seconds then smash it for like 10-15 maybe 20 tops, try to not burn your Golden goops!.. the one I like has a dial that goes from 1-30 and about 7 is good for bubble hash and 15 is about perfect for flowers! People think you need tons of pressure but you don’t unless you are smashing prepressed pucks. My stuff comes out sooo nice!

4 Likes

A press would definitely make it easier to repeat quality results. But if you don’t have an extra 500 bucks and want to smoke the best hash you can… this is a beast!

1 Like

Any feedback on the $200 rosin presses that are on ebay?

2 Likes

Nice color on your Resin, thats what I am saying about the hair strait. black tar, and so little of it.
not saying others more patient then me,which is like most of you, couldnt do well with a hair straight. but not me lol

1 Like

Yea I like the press action much easier and well worth the investment

1 Like

I don’t know but for 300 (a little less) you can have an A-frame 6 ton press

then put on the dab press heat plates

Still going to run less than 500!

4 Likes

20 % off or a harbor freight sale get stuff almost reasonable , even saw a cement mixer a while back on sale for 80 some dollars, be awesome i think for mixing soil

1 Like

HI
I’m new but curious .
?
could u not use a vise to apply pressure…a flat heated surface like an iron or two for the heat
and then squish. or a waffle iron…where you control the temp

or some other cheap solution
:male_detective:
:speech_balloon:
:vulcan_salute:

1 Like

The best cheap solution is definitely the hair straightener and vice grip approach. It does yield pretty alright!

1 Like