New Solventless Tech! Rosin!

back in Feb. 2015 soilgrown on instagram took a nug. and a hair straightener. and a piece of parchment. then he squeeeeeezed the nug in the parchment with the straightener on low. OMG ROSIN. beautiful golden oil. shit i used to spend a week purging in a vac. now takes you 10 minutes (if your slow) to make and get elevated. wow. my purging kit is garbage now. rosin always!! thank you soil grown!!! i had to get this posted up here asap!! i hope i get to see some pics!!

4 Likes

Why is this topic so dead? I love Rosin, but have never made it. I hate blasting and would love to have a press to play with.It would be great to hear what different minds have to say about the different presses. Is a 20 ton Sasquash necessary or is a handcrank press good enough for the hobbiest.

1 Like

i use the roztek piece https://www.roztekofficial.com and a 600lb clamp. works amazing.

If you don’t mind could you tell us how long you have used it? It sucks to buy something new and shiny and it only work a week.

its been going strong for about 3 months of every day use. when you first use it the body will get a few cracks but then becomes solid. they have a 1 year warranty on it so if this thing lasts 10 months and breaks ill get a new one. but if it breaks at say 13 months, then the price of this for 13 months is perfect. cheaper then going through the hair straighteners we used to useXD

1 Like

Thank you! I didn’t want to come right out and say it looked like a hairdrier. You have used both and say this one is worth it.
I might pull the trigger and try it. $5000 for a 20 ton to experiment is a bit beyond me no matter how much I crave it.

do it up its totaly worth it. it looks the same as the hair straightener. XD love it!

Shit, I said hairdrier instead of hair straightner! Ha! Thanks again.

1 Like

Bubbleman has a beautiful Rosin Press, I want one! Sadly forget the brand he has… But wow 2 years solventless already

he has the sasquash like ryasco was talking about:)

ah perfect you knew it ! damn is it 5k ? wow thats pricey I’ve seen some go for a few hundred

its worth every penny dude. the several hundred ones are probaly cheap china knockoffs dont fall for it!

1 Like

I just picked up my sasquash two weeks ago and it is definitely worth it! It is $3,400 and I believe that is pretty reasonable for a press in this class. It’s extremely well built and very heavy duty. I like the 20 ton press because you can press at a really low temp, like 110-180 and get really nice color and keep most the terps for a great flavor and smell.
It is however a little louder than most other presses I’ve used, which is kinda a pain for home use. they recommend a 10-20 gal compressor to power it which will need a refill quite a bit under heavy use.
I am very happy so far, I would do it again, but if you’re just looking for personal, a hair straightener will more than work.

7 Likes

I hope you realize how envious i am of you right know.

2 Likes

I finally got to try some Holy Grail OG and lucky enough it was in Rosin form. Holy shit what a punch to the face! Very strong come on and very comfortable body high. Don’t plan on doing any arithmetic. The palate is earthy lemons. Not sweet, not sour, but very enjoyable.

1 Like

Holy grail is fire, I’ve had the flower, haven’t been lucky enough to press any yet. I’m just buying and pressing as many strains as I can get my hands on right now…

Hell yea! Perfect that skill for sure. Are you growing what you press?

Not yet, I just started setting up a 4000 watt tent grow, 4 double ended 1000’s over two trays with top feed system in rockwool. Should be fun!

I love the de 1000’s for yield. Think about adding cmh or led for spectrum down the road. You will increase total yield obviously, but your oil yield goes up significantly.

I have the dimlux DE’s on order and I was going to add a 315 or 630 cmh in the middle. I was kinda thinking I should get 6 315’s instead of 4 1000 DE’s for the heat reduction, but I have always had 1000 watt lights so I’m weary lol

1 Like