RSO advice for a friend in need

Hello, I just found out one of my close friends Jason a tumor in his liver, I don’t if it’s malignant or benign but I would like to make some RSO in case it is cancer and help him through the rough journey ahead of him. My questions are do you need to distill the plant material to extract as many cannabinoids as possible or would an ethanol soak then reduction comparable? And as far as I understand the best starting material is fresh frozen? Or is that mainly for hash/oil/rosin? Any advice or help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you AB

4 Likes

Go straight to the source and read it carefully and multiple times:

http://phoenixtears.ca/producing-the-oil/

Fresh undried is fine, the water will boil off along with the alcohol.

For healing keeping a positive mindset is essential, it’s vital he believes and trusts firmly in his ability to heal, regardless of what medicine he uses.

It’s also a good idea to eat only (ideally certified) organic, quit smoking and drinking.
Plenty fruit and veg, nuts and herbs like turmeric, cinnamon, oregano, etc.
It’s a variety of little things that keeps one healthy.

Add spirulina (aids detox) to the diet along with mushrooms, especially reishi and turkey tail (shown to destroy cancer cells in vitro if I remember correctly, see Paul Stamets - Mycelium Running for more info), they come in dried powdered form too.

And generally follow what feels good and right personally!

I wish your friend a smooth and easy healing journey!

Always keep in mind that plenty of people have healed from much worse!

13 Likes

If getting ethanol is an issue I have melted chunks of hash into a little bit of olive oil, about 50-50, and heat that at 100C / 212F for two hours and 10 minutes.

Then eat a tiny bit the size of a grain of cooked rice, or more, however much he is comfortable with.

It was very similar in potency to the RSO I made later on.

Other people here will be able to chip in as to what strains are most suitable, I’d say a good strong Kush or whatever else stimulates that blissful warm heart feeling, we heal best when we feel good and take it easy.

5 Likes

Thank you my friend!

2 Likes

There is a vast amount in information regarding all types of extracts over here :wink:

And this is another great source with a dummy-proof tutorial. Cuz I used it my first time doing RSO and was successful. :joy:

5 Likes

I live in area where we have native red reishe, turkey tail, lions mane (kinda rare), agaricon (really rare)vso I could do extracts on the reishi and turkey tail. Does any one a legit source of chaga?

2 Likes

Oh, another great one by @ColeLennon here

I’ve done his method also. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I can’t THANK YOU enough for your helpful, insightful, positive observations. Truly an asset to the OG Community. Do SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes