Ryasco's Outdoor Photos and Random Thoughts

i use alalfa, malted barley, kelp, neem, gypsum, crab shell, and glacial rock dust. i plant in right away and have 0 problems. i dont brew teas, i only topdress every once ina while. like maybe once a week. i have cover crop and mulch right i put the soil in the pots:) nature is amazing. @ryasco

You are better than me. I have mixed my soils from scratch, compost, pumice, biochar, peet, and amendments. If i don’t wait three or four months depending on time of year my plants ph fluctuates and i get lockout. I used pots not beds. It works for you so keep at it. I have had failed grows because my soil was not broken down and that can’t happen.

do you have any micro life going on? any worms living in there? do you use any enzymes like seed sprout teas or malted grains??

That is why i let my soil sit. When your soil is sitting it blows up with microlife. My soil would sit outside and had drain holes so worms would get in along with earwigs, spiders and all sorts of mites. I don’t know anybody that doesn’t let homemade soil compost sit. The longer it has the more cycles of life happen and the more enzymes you have to break down proteins to aminos and humic to fulvic.

3 Likes

yeah dawg i have all that (well cept earwigs) and i didnt let it sit anywhere for any amount of timeXD hahahaha lovin the notill dawg. you should check out the one straw revolution book:)

1 Like

@lotus710 helped me remember some cool stuff. So i found this.
A Powerful Organic Electrolyte: Electrolytes are used by the body’s cells to maintain voltages across cellular membranes and to convey electrical impulses to other cells. Fulvic acid helps cells achieve a vital electrochemical balance across and among the body’s cells.
A Free-radical Scavenger and Antioxidant: Fulvic acid can react with both negatively and positively unpaired free electrons to render free radicals harmless, changing them into new useable compounds or eliminating them as waste. Fulvic acid also promotes oxidation-reduction reactions of transition metals that can damage the body’s cells and tissues.
A Natural Chelator and Pollutant Detoxifier: Fulvic acid is effective in transforming metals and minerals into readily absorbable forms. It can also bind with organic pollutants (pesticides, herbicides) to form new types of metal ions, catalyze the breakdown of toxic pollutants, and weather and decompose silica to release essential mineral nutrients.
An Aid in Increasing Nutrient Bioavailability: Fulvic acid’s low molecular weight helps render cellular walls more penetrable by reducing their surface tension, thus allowing cells to more easily and efficiently respirate, hydrate, absorb minerals, amino acids and other nutrients, and eliminate waste.

2 Likes

i always use fulvic and humic acid in the form of shilajit:)

Yea it is cool along with Lowenfels, Acres USA, Organic Vegetable Growers Bible, and Jorge’s books and Ed’s books. Knowledge is golden.

2 Likes

I ordered a sac of maxibloom today to try out.

Maxibloom, i have never used. It looks like a bloombooster by the msds.
Ingredients
: MaxiBloom
TM
Nutrient For Reproductive Growth is an especially
formulated mixture
of chemicals that are mixed in proportions to assur
e excellent plant nutrition. The chemical identity
of the compounds and exact proportions used in the
mixture are a trade secret. The product is
derived from ammonium nitrate, ammonium molybdate,
calcium nitrate, cobalt sulfate, copper
sulfate, iron DTPA, magnesium sulfate, potassium b
orate, potassium nitrate, potassium
phosphate, potassium sulfate, and zinc sulfate.

What do you know about it?

1 Like

I’ve looked at pictures on the net for a few months now and seen some beautiful plants from start to finish with maxibloom.

16 dollars a kilo sounds good.

It has a good amount of sulfur compounds in it which i like. Iron is always needed. I would look into biomarine for the aminos to help breakdown the phosphates since your using GH. Any protein hydrolysate will work or whey. It is cheap.

You ever noticed how peeps fold up around here by 2 am. I guess you save on meds by sleeping lol.

1 Like

Yea i noticed that. Sativas must not be popular anymore.

1 Like

And you still have a wife? I am not a huge sativa fan but Cinderella 99 is wonderful alone or if she breeds with anyone she makes them better.

1 Like

Would ya like ta see amazing big fruity buds every year only with an easy blen of animal composted excrements n trees ahes?.. If yare a cityboy ya can use worn “humus”, neem, bat guano n palm tree ashes… And ryasco plants pics looks great to me…

1 Like

I try to stay humble but what I see right now is a server based Aeroponic System that I control every aspect of the growing environment from my computer. I built most of the system myself.

2 Likes

Oh, sorry, excuse me:, @GrapeApe : I dont know anithin bout this way of grow… But If ya can use orgánics (even comercial ones) products to feed your grow ya can try it…

This was interesting to me. It was taken from here.
http://www.plantphysiol.org/content/120/3/637.full

the pungent odor and taste of onions, garlic, and cabbage are caused by sulfur-containing secondary compounds. The same compounds can impart an objectionable flavor to canola oil, diminishing its commercial value; but they also have been attributed to disease prevention in humans (Fahey et al., 1997). Some sulfur-containing phytoalexins such as camalexin may be important in combating plant pathogens (Zhao et al., 1998). Although sulfur was long thought not to limit plant productivity, the recent restrictions on emissions of sulfurous air pollutants, the ingredients of acid rain, have resulted in sulfur deficiency in some agricultural areas of the world. Another example is that sulfur assimilation by plants has been implicated as a potential factor in moderating climate. Marine algae are prodigious producers of dimethylsulfoniopropionate, a sulfur-containing analog of betaine (Cooper and Hanson, 1998). Dimethylsulfoniopropionate degradation releases dimethylsulfide, which volatilizes from the ocean and seeds the formation of clouds in the atmosphere. The global scale of this process is such that algal growth may actually influence climate.

1 Like