Same strain different phenotypes

Are there common examples of strains with stable and yet diverse phenotypical offspring?

Do these phenotypes share paired/grouped traits such that early morphology might correlate to entourage elements?

1 Like

To answer my own question from 4 years ago I have grown what I’m calling Light and Dark Novice. The original parents were Herijuana and a Night Owl release of Blue Light Special (an autoflower.)

I have found herijuana to be fairly remarkable. It is on the small side and the node length is not suitable for a commercial product. Psychotropicly, it releases a desire (and ability) for me to sing, cry, and dance around my house. Needless to say I enjoy it.

It is a fairly quick flowering line and by combining it with a quick autoflower I hope to cultuvate something that I might grow on a windowsill on an ongoing basis, transplanting to raised beds in the spring and summer. This seems optimal. due to allergies, I won’t do another full indoor grow.

There are two phenotypes that I’ve identified (both with a sample of three plants.) A dark green with earthy, spicy terps and a light green with floral slightly grassy terps. The Light which i call Light Novice has hints of its parent’s power, Although the one plant that grew to maturity did not pack the full depth of its photosensitive parent.

All of the plants so far have been small, reflecting, if nothing else, the pots they were grown in.

All the plants were more susceptible than straight Herijuana to botritus. Harvest at the first sign of infection will be necessary. I have enough seeds from the F2 to work the plant repeatedly.

7 Likes

Humboldt Seed Co gear you can get some pretty wild phenotypes, I’ve had a few myself. Examples:

–I grew two Jelly Rancher fems (now Hella Jelly) and literally one was tall and smelled like “blue razz candy”, the other was short and not kidding smelled just like “Red Vines”
–I grew two Collie Man Kush fems, one was pretty normal looking “gassy Kush” and the other was cabbage-leafy and VERY pungent almost gunpowdery.
–I grew a Mountain Top Mint that threw cool, almost Freakshow-esque edged leaves.

Among Peanut Butter Breath, my father and I have held three total phenos from original seed stock, one was VERY unique and is what i would later find out is a “OGKB leaner”

Low yield, VERY dense VERY frosty nugs, insane gassy-doughy-nutty smell and taste. I vegged one for four months and still barely got over 4oz off it, lol!

3 Likes

So cool!
Did the smoke map to the structure or terps in a way that allowed you to make predictions about the product from veg/flower characteristics?

2 Likes

That’s hard for me to say, only because I didn’t continue running these as clones, except for PBB. PBB is a strain I feel like I know well enough to be able to determine what a vegging plant might do in flower. Not sure if that’s what you meant?

1 Like