Physical appearance of seeds in hybridization? and prevalent dominance in IBL + polybrids?

(question i’ve meant to ask a zilion times)

Last year I made about 12 hybrid/polyhybrid seed varieties & noticed that the seeds made from parent plants with distinctly different seed forms/colors had indeed “blended” in form & color.

Since I haven’t had enough time to try them all out yet I am curious to observe what this may indicate about the resulting plants.

Somewhat tangentally, I also have noticed that a crossing of an IBL to a polyhybrid HEAVILY favors the IBL parent’s shape & structure but the resin, flavor, high & aroma aren’t quite so.

Because of my inexperience & the short amount of observed time/small generation & population, I’m hesitant to do more than note it for future reconsideration.

What have y’all seen?

:evergreen_tree: got my thinkin cap on tighter today

7 Likes

Similar question: I’ve always wondered if the father plant has any affect on the morphology of the F1 seeds, or do all seeds produced by a single mother plant look similar, regardless of which staminate plant was used.

3 Likes

Yes, seed size can be associated with certain strains/types of mj.

2 Likes

I wish I had some parent-stock seeds to show the ‘genetic’ trail I’m describing but those were all germinated. But an example would be:

small dark sativa seeds (mother) + medium tan (father) produced F1 small-medium medium-gray seeds …

stripes don’t always carry forward but do sometimes :thinking:

@ReikoX’s LRxUV2 auto seeds were 'rudie coconuts & my F3’s smaller :blush:

etc, et al.

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes