Saucer for fabric pot?

I’m new to the fabric pots. I have a couple of 5 gallons going inside and I have them on plastic crates. I need to get the plants lower though. For some reason I am thinking the more air flow under the plant the better. Now I need to get some saucers though to get the plants lower to the floor as they stretch. Looking online it’s hard to tell how big the ridges are in the saucers. Anyone have a recommendation of which type of saucers to use for fabric pots?

3 Likes

Dollar stores auto area, their big black oil pans would probably work. I have some for a future 5 gallon bucket grow.

5 Likes

I use the Gro Pro’s, but there are many options.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Pot+Elevators&ref=nb_sb_noss

For me, Much lower cost locally!
13" Gro Pro fit perfectly on top of 5 gal bucket.

3 Likes

I like the green saucers from hydrofarm. Nice and sturdy.

4 Likes

Ahh elevators. Thanks for the link. That shows me feet too. Kind of pricey tho.

1 Like

12” saucers yoo

I have 12” plant caddies that roll on casters…very Gucci but super practical for me

Btw: I have a Six pack of 5gal fabric pots on caster caddies that sit in a 37x42 tray that you put in the bottom of a dog crate. That’s practical for me to get air around my pots and give proper drainage.

1 Like

I use the pot elevators and hydrofarm saucers.

1 Like

I also use fabric pots but never water until runoff, don’t want them to be wet as that propiciates apparition of mold and fungus in the pot. Never saw any root in the bottom or sides as they get air pruned, they just sit on the floor tent by my side and at least I avoid overwatering … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

im a cheap bastard and use ol’ tote lids or whatever . i grow organic so its rare i water till’ it comes out the bottom anyway. i use 15 gal . pots indoors and 30 gal outside.

2 Likes

I’m with @Grohio , the green hydrofarm saucers are really nice and sturdy. That’s what I use with my fabric pots. I think there pretty reasonably priced too.

2 Likes

The pots do not need to be up on something. During flower I fill my saucers with water almost daily. I think it is almost impossible to give a plant root rot with fabric pots. My 30 gallon smart pots I can put almost 2 gallons in the pot. I use holiday wreath storage bins for these big boys.
These are the best price for a ten pack for 5 gallons.

Here are my wreath storage saucers. Six 24+ inch saucers for $40. After Christmas you can find them on clearance for next to nothing. I paid 4.99 each for mine a few February’s ago at dollar general.

4 Likes