Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

@OleReynard

Who? What guys? There have been plenty of names mentioned

I am guessing you are referring to truenorth . I have also heard and read bad things.

6 Likes

Anybody else have issues with the breeder Inhouse Genetics? Just ran through 10 of 12 beans which all failed the squeeze test hundred some bucks down the drain :-1:t2::-1:t2:

Edit: so the one that didnā€™t get the squeeze test is growing janky and one other that managed to pass the squeeze took a while but its sprouted super janky as well not a good batch of seeds hopefully the slurricane turns out better :crossed_fingers:t2:

6 Likes

Here is a list of scam seed banks.

Seed supreme-
some seeds may be genuine, but they are scammers. they often ship without breeder packaging. They sell generic seed misrepresented as rare or discontinued lines. Their catalog shows that every strain from every breeder is in stock, even if it is from a company that no longer exists, or discontinued lines. If you buy one of those they send out b.s. unknown generic weed seed.
This was confirmed to me by Angus of Real Seed Co. when I contacted him to ask about one of his lines that they claimed to have in stock. He said they were not an authorized retailer, that line was long gone, and the seeds were fake.

Bonza-
a scam seed bank, which will not die because it is one of the few seed banks that ships to australia. australian members beware. they are selling unknown generic weed seed. they are misrepresenting strains and selling fake seeds. they refuse to send breeder packaging to some countries, pretty much confirming it is a scam.

AMS amsterdam marijuana seeds-
They are misrepresenting genetics, and possibly selling herm brickweed seed. I went to a legal recreational licensed farm that was growing seeds from this bank, and it was a really bad situation. They bought ā€œogā€ ā€œhazeā€ and ā€œnorthern lightsā€ from AMS, none of them were genuine. The plants were all identical, and they all hermed. They lost thousands of dollars from the seed purchase, and lost 1/3 of their entire outdoor crop.

The farm was a new commercial operation and they knew nothing about cannabis genetics or culture, perfect target for scammers.

hanfsamen-
all I can say about this bank is that they claim to have genetics that havenā€™t been available since around 2002. Safe to assume they are not genuine.

10 Likes

seed supreme tell me it ainā€™t soā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure anything in the original breeder packaging is genuine.
The problem is more with their selling individual seeds without packaging.
You can buy packs, or you can buy any quantity 1 to 100 seeds loose.

This is their scam. Many lines show that full packs are out of stock, but somehow they will still sell you individual seeds in any quantity, even in bulk.

6 Likes

May I ask what line of thereā€™s he said is long gone, I have quite a few of there offerings

2 Likes

That was in early 2016, and the strain I was asking about was the mazar i sharif. That was before they started making their own reproductions, at the time they only sold stock gathered on site at the point of origin. He said he hoped they would be able to bring back the mazar, and a few others as well.

I was glad when they started selling in house preservations of their old lines, and brought back the mazar just like he said.

3 Likes

Geez, thanks for the heads up. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever ordered from them, but Iā€™ve definitely browsed their site on more than one occasion. Skeeeeeeetchy

3 Likes

Got my first screwed up order from seedsman.
Ordered two strains and got two viles both marked with the same strain name.
So they were either out and just decided to replace with more if the one or they got labeled wrong.
Either way itā€™s not what I ordered and realy pisses me off.

7 Likes

Send them a note, and I bet they take care of it.

3 Likes

I sent a help ticket but get automatic replies, going to call them Monday if I donā€™t hear anything , if they were out itā€™s better at least I would know what I got is what itā€™s labeled, if itā€™s a mislabel then I would be really frustrated , I donā€™t want to guess whatā€™s what I had these planned based on there flower times and donā€™t like not knowing what something is for sure, again unless they send a vile of both marked correctly this is a huge waist of money for me. Iā€™m not going to breed with something that I canā€™t be sure of.
Iā€™ll say that I will never order threw them again because of this , super autos are expensive to not get what you payed for or have them labeled wrong.

7 Likes

I had my own story with them. Iā€™m not a fan

2 Likes

I finally got a response and it was that they sent me what I ordered, they provided a picture of what was packed on top of my order invoice. No apologies or explanation for the fact that they are repacked and labeled wrong smh.
Well the good thing is I got both things I ordered and the Thai auto and Panama lime auto have drasticaly different growth traits so shouldent be hard to tell the two apart, I shouldent have to though and itā€™s sloppy work for selling such pricey beans. Shame on them.

10 Likes

I as a good friend who has waited sixty days on seeds from them.
I KALAMAT AND TIRAH FROM KWIKSEEDSā€¦IT CAME IN THREE WEEKS. freebiesā€¦but no TIRAH
I sent an email to them got a reply and they are send them now. They just asked me to doublecheck

3 Likes

So seedsman is sending me a pack of the Thai auto for free as a apology for the labeling mistake , Iā€™ll still have to figure out which of the two I originally got is the Panama thankfully the two ha e drastically different growth habits

5 Likes

Canā€™t you go by seed size? May also point to the strain

1 Like

The seeds all look alot alike , makes me think there all Panama lime but they sent me a picture of both before they were sent idk maybe they just used existing stock to fake a picture not sure what to think.

4 Likes

I got 400 dollars burned by Ace seeds , did an order and they send 400 dollars of seed in a simple envelope for customs to take, then they say they donā€™t resend order if had a problem, and they said make an exception, that i think was not and re send the seeds , they say did again and semd again i a negligent way again ina simple envelope got sized again, so now i have 2 empty envelopes no seeds and no money to buy shit because they burned it :rage: man i did that order and didnā€™t even my wife knew i spent that in seeds , she got mad AF and still , cuz i got shit , nothing and now a really unhappy wife that now monitor the account every day just in case , as i wanted to throw 400 dollars to the trash

15 Likes

Anyone know where I can find jinx proof genetics that takes payments other than crypto? Looking for 9lb hammer

2 Likes