Seed popping comments

I think I am the only one that felled at the worm castings. :roll_eyes: I tried twice :unamused:

:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

Yes direct sow is best but you have to have extra seed stock to make up for the soil eating some them :slight_smile: I mean they were just gone lol

I’m sorry to hear that. It is kinda like a terrarium. Didn’t work until I had the heat mat going. Find the right dampness and temperature for the microbes to bloom and it’s pretty fast.

2 Likes

Think late spring time soil temps for optimum results to maximize biological activity

1 Like

And there’s also the fresh aloe meat tek, which is another approach to natural gibberellins, makes sense

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you failed there cuz! Did you read my small tute on the subject?
Usually a failed try is due to one of two things, not enough moisture, or too warm.

4 Likes

I have heard of aloe being used but not why, that’s interesting thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Ok that aloe tech is pretty cool I just don’t got one sitting around lol

1 Like

One more use for Aloe! LMAO

2 Likes

I was thinking about temperature and whether we sometimes go too high with seedlings, given how cool spring temps can be long after last frost in many places. Recently I got a sample of compost tea mix from Boogie Brew with an order of SEA-90 and the directions for brewing it say 68-72F is the correct temperature, I had already set up a heat mat under the brew bucket, assuming that it should be around 75-80F, but they said that the goal was a natural soil temp for microbe selection but to supercharge it with aeration (they recommend 45L/min air pump). That was interesting, and it made me think it was the right move to take my heat pad out after two days once the seeds had started emerging on my most recent seedlings, which might be my healthiest yet.

2 Likes

If the taproots aren’t twisted together you can just cut the towel around the root and plant it with the seed.

4 Likes

Right, yes make them plants dance :slight_smile: yeah dudes knows his shit the more o2 the better nothing fancy a bucket is fine I sometimes use a 55gal drum I use well water that’s at 50-60f with no issues and yes at temps above 65-75f you can start to have die off soil temps below 1 inch don’t get no higher than that so yeah you are on the right track edit and when I bubble I use 4 big stones and that’s the pump I got I bought mine off his site I figured dudes cool and I can give my $ to him support small business:)

1 Like

Oops I forgot to plant it.

11 Likes

:slight_smile: lololol it happens bro Lol I had some one time got like 4-5 inches long and they were all twisted together lol so yeah it happens lol

The cruelty…

2 Likes

Totally dude, it’s really interesting, this paper was good and they do a chemical analysis of fresh aloe so you can see the GA3 content. They are using aloe saponaria or African/soap aloe instead of aloe vera but you get an idea of what the aloes do:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1319562X22001097

4 Likes

Oh shit forgot to plant these too…

5 Likes

I would like to take a aloe cube shove a seed in it and direct sow it will some good compost and wormcast like kinda layer it a handful WC on top then compost all around :slight_smile: that’s cool

1 Like
1 Like

Everything bro, everything. Just ask her.
:rofl:

1 Like