JohnnyPotseed’s Germination Technique

I recently posted about how I germinate my seeds. So figured I’d post some pics

I first take about 1/4" of pure worm castings, then wet it down good, using a towel to soak up any standing excess off the surface.
I place it on a heatpad with an insulator between to lessen the temps a bit.
put a humidity dome over it, with a towel to give it the dark it needs. Let it sit 24 hrs to acclimate.
Then I place any seeds I want to germinate, I usually place them in orderly rows of each strain, to keep in order what I’m germinating.
Place the dome back over and LITFA… :sunglasses:

edit… LemonadeJoe, if this is posted in the wrong place, please feel free to move it. thnx

71 Likes
The easiest way to start
Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 3
Nagel420 - Third Times A Charm!
Badge for organizing a giveaway
Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 1)
Grape Punch from the man, the legend, BOG ver.2
Grape Punch from the man, the legend, BOG ver.2
Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 2)
Tell me about pyroligneous acid
Acapulco Gold Repro
tupathecat's grow log
Planting old seeds
Parttime's perpetual party time
Pre-soaking seeds - "The Float Test"
Attempting to germinate 50 year old Seeds from korea
Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 3)
Different types of plant stress, 1:(LAR), 2:(SAR), 3:(SGS), 4:(ISR), 5:(SWR)
Seed popping comments
Emeraldgreen first thread
Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 4)
Starcube seed run
The Gauntlet 2023
BOG Sweet and Sour Cindy preservation co-op run
Lots of love in the Longhouse
Multi strain test run
TGA Subcool Gear
Trike's Grow Journey - snoozefest & occasional faceplants
Cannavore Selections
Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 7)
Snow High collection for preservation
Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 2)
Snowhigh Seeds
Bog Seeds Availability Info
Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 1)
Chat room (let's chat!) :speech_balloon: (Part 2)
Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 3
Tough nut to crack
My DIY Seedling starter box
Bodhi Seeds - Goji OG Crowd Source F2 Preservation (closed)
Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 5
New grow, seed run, first time leds
Lost lil seedlings needing direction
Growing With Mr.Sparkle : 2021
Johnny Potseed's Mexico Vacation - Down Memory Lane by way of Acapulco...GOLD, that is!
Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 2)
Cool Runnings
Mark's 60 day Bubblegum

After putting them in there yesterday, I checked on them this morning…
already seeing quite a few popping!

11 Likes

29 Likes

46 Likes

Super unique tek, I love that its giving them myccorhyzzia right out of the gate!

11 Likes

I’ve tried soooo many different ways over the years, that you can trust lol But this is the best/fastest way I’ve found. The folded damp paper towel is second.
This is after only 24hrs

19 Likes

I’m pulling up a chair. Nice way!!! I’ve been popping them individually in their own solo cups, don’t even go to paper towels and or zip lock bags! :grin: but that is a nice one!! :sunglasses:

8 Likes

I’ve done the same, like I said…many different ways

6 Likes

Yeah, ive tried many ways but I’ve found either the jiffy peat pellets or directly into soil to work the best for me. I’ll have to give this a try next time

9 Likes

I’d think that it might kill them… so I’m proved wrong!!! :joy:

5 Likes

for older seeds that have ‘hardened’ I do slightly different, but the same results in the end. I get good germ rates from even them.
First I’d run a small sanding with an emery board all around the seeds to weaken the outer layer some, then gently and carefully remove the ridge with a scalpel. Then a presoak about 10-12 hours in slightly warm carbonated water & a little Hydrogen peroxide. ( I don’t like to use Gibberellic or Fulvic Acid)

34 Likes

I’ll be posting some more pics as they progress. Stay tuned for the tomorrow pics. Hell, I might even see how they’re doing this eve and post a pic or two lol

10 Likes

I’ve been doing it this way for a good while

5 Likes

I’ve found they do love it like this.

7 Likes

In gonna try this with my next beans, nice info @JohnnyPotseed

7 Likes

Nice tek man. I stick with my paper towel and bag. Works every time.

3 Likes

This can be done on a smaller scale for anything from one seed on up. But like I said, the paper towel is my second favorite.

2 Likes

Took a couple pics this afternoon while I was cutting clones. There’s got more coming out

23 Likes

Ok, less than 48hrs gone and you can see how well this technique works!
Meanwhile, y’all gotta pardon my shitty photography skills (or lack of) :rofl:

seedlings 8|448x500

35 Likes

I have some salvia recognita that I’m having the hardest time getting to sprout. I might have to try something similar to this.

7 Likes